Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Pyro
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Per
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Pyro is on a distinguished road
Default The Never Say Never Again thread

In the beginning of my cigar career, I sometimes dismissed cigars as “not for me” or even “dog rockets” only because the cigar might have been over-humidified, too young or simply too much for my untrained palate.

I have sampled over 250 cigar brands (counted as Fuente is one, Oliva is one etc.) and I don’t know how many different cigars but I realize now that there are many cigars that I perhaps should give another chance!

For example, I had previously promised myself that I would never again smoke a CAO cigar because of the flat taste of the new l’anniversaire series, the non tasting Gold, the mediocre experience of the MX2 and CX2, the burn issues with all lines and the low “wow to price” factor.

But, when recently making reviews of the Gold, Sopranos and Vision lines for a Swedish online vendor, I realized that those could be truly terrific cigars. A bit pricey of course but really great tasting (especially Vision Prana!).

Hmmm, maybe it's time to burn some Davidoffs and Gurkhas again?

So, what cigars have you re-discovered and what cigars are you thinking about giving a second chance?

Last edited by Pyro; 11-10-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling error in title
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Cigary

Default Re: The Never Say Never Again thread

Good thread. I have been smoking for 40 years and have gone thru quite a few brands but the fun thing is that there are so many more and I intend on smoking every one and then starting over. I buy boxes as a rule but in the last year I buy 5 paks so I have more choices of cigars. I do have my 'go to' cigars but the fun is in the journey.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
auburnfan1980

Default Re: The Never Say Never Again thread

Hmmm....one particular brand that I've had bad experiences from across the board is Felipe Gregorio. This is a great thread, because I've never tried the FG "Power" and maybe I should go back and give these guys a shot. Great post!

Jason