Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Question about illusion bands

What is the difference between the white bands with black lettering and the white bands with gold'ish lettering?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Question about illusion bands

This was the only thing I could find from the New Havana site. The -mk- is the newest in the Illusione line-up.

A classic petit corona, 5 1/8 x 42, utilizing a different band, to denote a different and stronger blend than the rest of the vitolas.

The hl and the eccj have the gold band as well.
tsolomon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

thanks Tom. It was the -mk- that I was looking at in the humi with a big (?) on my face when I put it next to a -2- in the humi and saw the difference.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
UPHOTO

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (7)
Montecristo
UPHOTO is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong but I think that the whole line with the black labels are the same blend but the newer ones with the gold are a different blend from the black.
UPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

taken from the illusione website:

~MK ~ - The Teaching Machine As with my 88, I sampled a few to you in the forums for review when I was re-working on the blend in ’06. I did the same with the mk. There were two versions, the ~MK~ and the MKULTRA. MKULTRA was much stronger than I wanted it to be. I called Paul Palmer which in turn relayed my information to the factory to correct the issue. They have a gold band along with the ~hl~ because they’re more of an artisan blend better represented in those particular sizes. They’re 20% different than regular illusione black and white bands. As some of you know, I let out my stock of MKULTRAS because I just wasn’t pleased with the blend. You guys ate them up! Thanks. Project MKULTRA was a government experiment in creating “zombie soldiers” if you will, through experimentation with LSD and subconscious suggestion when under the influence. MKULTRA was also referred to as the “teaching machine.” The classic corona size is the teaching machine vitola. It is the perfect vehicle for delivery of flavor, if the blend is right.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
UPHOTO

Montecristo

So in Dion talk that means they are different blends. hahahaha
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

read between the lines...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

so if i'm reading that right, the -mk- I have with gold lettering on the band is not a stock -mk-, its the MKULTRA thats 20% stronger and no longer made?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
so if i'm reading that right, the -mk- I have with gold lettering on the band is not a stock -mk-, its the MKULTRA thats 20% stronger and no longer made?
I have a box of the MK's with a gold band that says Teaching Machine on the box. I thought they were the regular MK. I really like them, and I sure hope they are still being made.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 AM   #10
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

This is what pisses me off about Dion. Just name the darn cigar, not all this hidden meaning and different color BS I too have a MK with a gold band. Now I am not sure if it is an ultra or not.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #11
dmoby

Quote:
He had a small run of mk's made and then decided that it was to strong, so he re-blended it to what the mk is today. The stronger mk ultra was given to new havana cigar to sell and they were sold out well over a year ago, so now all of the mk's out are the new blend.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

I think I'll give eric a call over at TPS sometime today. I'm sure whatever -mk- he has in stock is the new version, so I'll just ask him what the ^@&$@# label looks like. if its gold, then we've got normal mk's
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think I'll give eric a call over at TPS sometime today. I'm sure whatever -mk- he has in stock is the new version, so I'll just ask him what the ^@&$@# label looks like. if its gold, then we've got normal mk's
I bought my box if MK's from Eric at TPS about four months ago and the bands are gold.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
StinkiMonki

The Cruzado is the newest blend from illusione. Seems medium body to me and very enjoyable. I've only had a few so far but I'm going to make sure I have a box on hand at home.

Stinki
Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #15
UPHOTO

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
This is what pisses me off about Dion. Just name the darn cigar, not all this hidden meaning and different color BS I too have a MK with a gold band. Now I am not sure if it is an ultra or not.
Who freaking cares.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #16
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPHOTO View Post
Who freaking cares.
I just like to know what I am smoking.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #17
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I just like to know what I am smoking.
Take all the bands off yours and they probably all taste the same.