Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
eriksson20
The Memory Still Remains

Trading: (0)
Partagas
eriksson20 is on a distinguished road
Default ASH 2008 - The Aftermath

The 2nd annual Autumn Smoke Herf - ASH 2008 - took place on October 17th at the Ahjo NightClub, Helsinki, Finland. After last years informal and relatively small gathering of a few friends, this year's event grew larger and more robust in all areas. Over 25 lovers of the leaf and the good life, gathered to enjoy fine cigars, drinks and the company of similar minds.

Most of the guests represented Finnish Cigar Clubs i.e. Robaina Club and the Cigar Club of Lahti. Cigar lovers from the Moskow Cigar Club brought an international aspect to the else so Finn based group of guests.

In addition to the widening range of participants, what really made this year's event special, was its charitable nature. Together with the generous sponsors, we managed to raise 600 Euros. Not bad, as my goal was to gain only half of that. The income was built up by selling cigars, drinks and apparel live at the event. Every Cent donated, will go directly to the Children's Hospital of Helsinki, my personal choice of charity.

The cigars were provided by Several Companies (Not able to list here, Listed on my blog) and Me personally. Drinks, in addition to the venue free of charge, were provided by Ahjo Bar&NightClub. The apparel was donated by Spreadshirt. Thank you all for your generosity! I truly appreciate it!

More specific descriptions and reviews on the products involved to be provided later...

All in all, I had a good time. According to my guests, they had a great time, we smoked and tried out some excellent cigars, enjoyed fine cognacs and celebrated the night away. And we managed to do some good at the same time.

The good doing is going to continue until the end of 2008, as i have made a decision to donate all my income from

http://www.worldofcigars.spreadshirt.net/ and
http://www.worldofcigarsdesigner.spreadshirt.net/

online shops to the previously named charity.

Unfortunately, due to the Finnish legislation, there will be no 3rd annual Autumn Smoke Herf at the Ahjo Club. The continuance on the permit to smoke in some restaurants will end on June 1st 2009. Our only hope, is to gain an access and/or establish a private club, at which the art of cigar smoking could take refuge after the feared date. We'll see, if there will be something similar in the spring, but i do not have any plans for that. If anyone has any solutions, please, let them be heard!

If you have any questions or need for more information, please do not hesitate to contact me on www.worldofcigarsblog.com through the "contact me" tab on the navbar or a PM.

Yours,

Mikko
World of Cigars

Copyright © 2007-2008 Miker

Last edited by eriksson20; 11-07-2008 at 12:17 PM.
eriksson20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: ASH 2008 - The Aftermath

Thanks for sharing!!!

Looks like a good time!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Looks like a great evening supporting a great charity! Too bad on the legal side, we feel your pain over here... Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Looks like a great time!!

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote: