Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default no favorite smokes

How many of you do not have a clear cut favorite smoke? I have 6 or 8 that I like pretty good, but none that are clear cut favorites. For instance I really like Punch, Oliva Vs, Os, and Gs, and a few others. I seem to get great enjoyment out of trying new ones that I have never had before. There are so many different cigars out there I think I could be content to just keep trying new ones, with a few old standbys. What say you.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Starchild
SERENITY NOW!

First Name: Andre
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
Starchild will become famous soon enough
Default Re: no favorite smokes

I'm kind of in the same boat. Still trying to narrow down what I want to stock the humi with. There is just so much out there to try.
Starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree with you. I have a fluid top five favorites, but I do enjoy trying new ones all the time.
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

I can narrow down my #1 at any given time... the problem is that my #1 today may not be my #1 tomorrow. Right now it is my '01 Monte especials... They are so damn good I need to grab another box or two lol...

But idk how long they will be #1... I love my punch coronas, opus, anejos, vsgs, anything RA, RyJ cedros deluxe... there is so much competition for them that to stay #1 will be a challenge.
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Ace$nyper

I feel the same way, it might be the fact i'm not as well versed as many of you are.

I do know what I do and do not like in a smoke but still there are tons of sticks I quite enjoy.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

I have quite a few favorites that I rotate so I dont get burnt out on them.
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree. I think I have a favorite brand and then everything changes. I think there is just far too much good stuff out there for me to narrow it down to one. I am the guy who takes 15 minutes to decide what to order out for dinner, its kind of the same way for smokes I suppose.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
nozero

Well, I like lots of them, but if I had to pick one favorite... It would be the Partagas short. I've only had one, but I loved that little sucker for the entire thirty minutes we had together. I'm just a chickenshirt when it comes to buying "them".

I don't think of a favorite as being a daily smoke though...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

No clear cut winner here. Just a lot of go to cigars!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

My favorites change, right now I have to say my favorite would have to be Montecristo White label.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #11
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmancbr View Post
I can narrow down my #1 at any given time... the problem is that my #1 today may not be my #1 tomorrow.
I have a cigar that is my favorite, but as I try new cigars it is always changing.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

I don't think I've ever had a single favorite smoke (cigar wise - the bad ol' days of smoking cigarettes don't count ).

I have always had favorite marcas, and preferred vitolas within those, but never a favorite I'd smoke over and over again. Just certain flavor profiles that appeal to me.

What I really enjoy about cigars is the journey of discovering which ones I like, which ones I don't, and stocking up accordingly so I always have a nice selection of the good ones to look forward to. It's hard for me to pull one out of the humi today that I don't enjoy. It's taken awhile to get there.

And really, nothing is better than firing up something you've overlooked, avoided, or rejected in the past and finding you've just discovered something else you can add to the good list. The hunt never really ends.

Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Hi Greg,

I am the same way. I have way too many cigars and recently haven't had time to smoke many. Now that my wrist is broke and I'm off work I might be able to narrow it down to a few. I do enjoy the Perdomo Lot 23 maduro quite a bit. That's the only one that I've "singled" out so far.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #14
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

good post Greg.

I was actually thinking about this today while going through my humi. I would like to get to a point where I have about 10 or 12 different sticks to stock my humi.

narrowing it down to 10 or 12 especially when you add in CCs is the tough part.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Hi Greg,

I am the same way. I have way too many cigars and recently haven't had time to smoke many. Now that my wrist is broke and I'm off work I might be able to narrow it down to a few. I do enjoy the Perdomo Lot 23 maduro quite a bit. That's the only one that I've "singled" out so far.
I wish I had known that before I sent my end of our trade. I sent a Perdomo, but it was a connie. Oh well i'm sure I will probably bomb you before it's over, so I know now at least one to send.

Thanks for the opinions guys, because it doesn't look like I'm in the minority here.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
Legend

Oh I definately have my favorites.

But like you I am always looking for the next cigar to break my top 5 or top 25. Recently the perdomo patriarch broke the top 25 and the Gurkha black dragon and dragonfire pushed 2 cigars out of my top 5.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
Cigary

I wish I didn't have a favorite smoke as it costs too much and then when I found another one it is just as much. I feel like my wife who when she goes shopping she picks up the most expensive item every friggin time.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #18
MithShrike

Habanos Torres Ugly Stick.

The blend may vary but it's always my favorite when I smoke it.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #19
Dgar

Hard to have just one favorite, I enjoy a little variety too much.

But if forced to pick one favorite, today and most days I would probably choose a Padron 64 anniversary, Nat.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #20
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I enjoy trying new sticks so I am always looking out for a new one to make the rotation. I would say that right not I've narrowed it down to two that I would smoke more often than others and that is the RP Decage and the Pad 1926. Mind you, I have yet to smoke a CC (have one in the humi waiting for it's demise) as well as some of the other favorites of this forum so I am still and probably always will be learning and trying new smokes.