Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough
Default La Herencia Cubana Toro

As I do on a regular basis, I was reading a review on Keepers of the Flame about a La Herencia Cubana, and I just knew I had to get some to review for my readers. The review by the guys at Keepers of the Flame had me really intrigued. So, here you go.. This is my take on these smokes!

1/3: I pulled this cigar out of its cello, and cut it with my ever trusty Palio cutter. I then toasted the foot, and lit it with my favorite lighter, my Lotus 21 dual flame. The first few puffs were strong with a pepper blast to the mouth, with slight undertones of earthiness and a little bit of a cedary taste. It reminded me very much of the beginning of most Pepin blended sticks, but at a much cheaper pricepoint. So far its everything I look for in a smoke. I am really enjoying this one.

2/3: As I got into the second third of this smoke, the pepper bomb died a little bit, but was still apparently in the foreground. As the pepper bomb mellowed out, I got a slight hint of sweetness with a little bit more of the earthy/leathery flavors. So far, I am glad I picked this sampler bundle up on Cigar Bid.. I got it for a STEAL, which makes it even better! The smoke is billowing very nicely, the draw is excellent. The burn is a touch on the wavy side, but for what I paid for this stick, I can deal with that!

3/3: As I finished off this cigar, the pepper came a little bit more to the foreground, and the sweetness and leather flavors faded a little bit. I was really just enjoying the billowing smoke coming from this cigar. The draw was just how I like it, and the burn straightened itself out nicely.

Overall Impression: Overall, I am happy I got a chance to read the review over on Keepers of the Flame! I REALLY enjoyed this cigar. Since I smoked this one, I have also smoked the robusto sized version of this cigar, and it was just as good. I think I need to get a few more of these bundles in the humidor! If you like the peppery taste known to be in most Pepin smokes, as well as earthy and leathery with a slight sweetness, I urge you to give these a shot!

Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: La Herencia Cubana Toro

These are great smokes, but I think they may have caught on, so although it may be harder to score deals, they are awesome. I grabbed a box of the robustos for $31.00 and have been quite impressed.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Yup, I think I need to pick up a couple more bundles shortly...
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 04-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the nice review and photo's Scott. Seen these in the CI catalog, but just one of those cigars that's on the waiting list for a spell.

Good to see you over here on CA too

Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

Yup, I've been registered here for a while, but I haven't been able to get much time to visit the forums lately, but that's changing now
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Smoke Naked
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
Smoke Naked is on a distinguished road

Great review, love the pics too.

♥ ♦ Palio Fanboy Here ♣ ♠
Smoke Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

Thanks Bill They aren't the greatest, but they were taken with my Iphone, so what do you expect? I love to add pics to my reviews.
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
bookman

I was very impressed w/ the belicoso.