Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Lebron back to Cleveland....

Not a fan of his and did not see this coming, crazy..after how much hate those fans spewed at him, short memory I guess
Old 07-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Lebron back to Cleveland....

Totally saw this coming. He did not think the backlash was going to be what it was when he went to Miami. He didn't realize what a tool he was with the whole press conference and game show on where he was going. He really wanted to win a championship; accomplished & then some. Now it's time to finish off his career in his hometown and now has the machine around him to win it in Cleveland.

The lack of spectacle around where he was going, along with "mission accomplished" only lead to one conclusion for someone values a legacy. He'll win a championship in Cleveland within 3 years.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I really think we are about to really see Lebron's talent. He is going to go to another level to win a championship in Cleveland.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
The lack of spectacle around where he was going, along with "mission accomplished" only lead to one conclusion for someone values a legacy. He'll win a championship in Cleveland within 3 years.
No game show, but it certainly was a big spectacle in all the media here in Chicago since the day after the Heat lost in the Finals.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
Trading: (0)
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

alas ... invented by a canadian ... and it isnt played on ice .

basketball is lame and always will be .

sorry
derrek
Old 07-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #6
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
No game show, but it certainly was a big spectacle in all the media here in Chicago since the day after the Heat lost in the Finals.
That was their spectacle, not his. The move to Miami was his spectacle.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Again...who cares? It's baseball season.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Yay. LeBron. I hope they hurry and put the big poster back up.
I do have to say I'm happy for the people here in Cleveland. If the Cavs can play some decent ball, it might make them a little less miserable.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
ChicagoWhiteSox

LOL dumb fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ki_uYZc3nE
Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
That was their spectacle, not his. The move to Miami was his spectacle.
I don't disagree, but it still splashed everywhere I go to read about real sports.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
Steelerfanatic
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
RA Navy (Served With Honor)
Steelerfanatic is on a distinguished road

As much as I dislike Lebron, he does seem to be maturing a bit lately. "the decision" when he left Cleveland was a huge mistake and he seems to have gotten it right this time. People like to blame him for leaving but it was the inept GM in Cleveland who could not put a team around him to get past the first couple rounds of the playoffs. The guy waited 7 years and then had enough. Here is a good article recently on the subject:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cavali...L5T4VYAPOH_wgt.

It's good to see him go home and play out his career in his hometown. It takes a lot of guts to play on any sports team in Cleveland
Steelerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #12
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

The funniest part about all of this to me is that even though ESPN is LeBron's #1 nuthugger, he announced his decision through SI.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #13
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

I don't like this move for him

It's not about money, because I assume after taxes, he will be making less money than he could have made in Miami.

He's in one of the premier cities in the US and he's going to leave that for Cleveland?

If it was about winning championships - I just don't see this unproven set of young players taking them into the championship. Possibly in 3-4 years, but Lebron doesn't have that many years left to guide a new set of teammates. The East is still soft, so I could see him take it as far as the finals and end up losing again.

I think the problem with Lebron's career is that he has never had a real coach.

I wonder why Dallas wasn't considered a "serious" option for him (even though I'm biased). We have no state income taxes, a top 5 coach, and the best owner in the NBA. The spurs are still the team to beat and Dallas gave them the most difficulty with a relatively soft roster.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #14
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
He's in one of the premier cities in the US and he's going to leave that for Cleveland?

If it was about winning championships - I just don't see this unproven set of young players taking them into the championship. Possibly in 3-4 years, but Lebron doesn't have that many years left to guide a new set of teammates. The East is still soft, so I could see him take it as far as the finals and end up losing again.
He wants to live in and raise his family in Cleveland. Going to Miami is just a private jet ride away. I think he knows what it takes to build a championship team and I can see him with a post player opportunity within Cleveland, similar to what Larry Bird did.

Maybe Miami was too easy to win? Where was the challenge when are lined up with such stars; after the first Championship? Guys like him want to win all the time, but don't want to be spoon fed wins or those wins will always cast a shadow. "James could only win with Allen, Bosh, & Wade by his side..."
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #15
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I have no specific ire for LeBron other than "The Decision" and the rally they did in Miami announcing how they were going to win 6-7 championships before they even played a single game.

My issue is the NBA has become obsessed with promoting the next big prima donna. They've bastardized my favorite team game and turned it into glorifiying the individual. The best TEAM in the league just dispatched LeBron and his dueling sidekicks in 5 games. It was ugly because a TEAM beat them badly by playing TEAM basketball. I hope the Cavs never win a title. Not because I hate LeBron or Cleveland but because I hate what he represents to me. Selling out the entire league to promote individuals rather than teams is why you have the ticky tack phantom fouls, endless parades to the free throw line, nonestop isolation plays with two guys playing 1 on 1 and 8 other standing around; I hate it. College basketball is so vastly superior to watch. Sure they aren't as athletic but at least they play all out, share the ball, and they know what defense is.