Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What to do with Sh*%ty cigars

If it's prohibitive to send them to the troops, why don't you just save them and offer them to friends when the opportunity arises. Just because you don't like em doesn't mean no one else will (despite what the Gurkha haters say ).
Just my .
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Ghurkha's? Where's Bobby? He'll take them off your hands.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Sorry I just don't feel comfortable sending the troops some crappy sticks just because I wanna get rid of them. I feel they deserve more than that. Just my two cents.
You can always put a note with your sticks. I was going to toss these but wanted you guys to sort thru them. If you want to toss them go ahead. Thanks for serving.

Something like that is what I'd do.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road

Send them back to Thompsons'?
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
I am going with Bomb Frank
Ha! ^^^
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #26
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
I am going with Bomb Frank
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

If you feel bad giving the troops only dog rockets, then throw in a fiver of decent sticks as well to fill in the package. I am any troop support is good troop support, as it's been said, not all of them are big cigar smokers and some may just want a few puffs on something to take their mind off the stress of duty. If they don't enjoy the cigar, they can pitch it, it was after all, free.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

To put to rest the Gurkha/dog rocket thing, Shawn and Mike, two of our Coasties we support, just did a dual review on a couple Gurkhas they smoked.
Not only did they enjoy them, they were the highlight of their day, and they thought so much of our brothers that sent them, they thanked us numerous times as they smoked them.
It goes directly to "smoke what you like". I personally would rather take a sharp stick in the eye than be forced to smoke a Tatuaje. It certainly doesn't mean someone else won't like those dog rockets.
Spouting what someone should send or should not send to the troops does one thing. It causes guys to be self-conscious about what they send. It's counter-productive, lends no support to our effort, and only serves to make sure less people share for fear they'll be looked down on for their contributions.
I can confidently guarantee that they appreciate each and every cigar we send, regardless of its brand, origin, or rashly assigned rocket status. They might even enjoy chucking a Cremosa in the sand and having a good laugh about how awful it was.
"They deserve better for their service" is very true. They deserve to have the opportunity to be loved without an individual feeling that what they're doing is not enough. To take that chance away through a not so carefully constructed comment is a damned sight more damaging than sending a handful of Gurkhas, that's for sure.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #29
maconusmile

How do you guys send cigars to the troops anyways? Is there a specfic address that you use? I know you can donate money to internet cigar suppliers and they send them but how does a guy go about sending them himself? I may be interested in sending some sticks over there myself. Thanks
Old 01-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #30
maconusmile

um.. sorry you can disreguard that last post. I found the link "support our troops" my bad!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #31
Stinky
Join CigarRights.org NOW!

First Name: Stinky
Trading: (1)
Punch
Stinky will become famous soon enoughStinky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconusmile View Post
How do you guys send cigars to the troops anyways? Is there a specfic address that you use? I know you can donate money to internet cigar suppliers and they send them but how does a guy go about sending them himself? I may be interested in sending some sticks over there myself. Thanks
someone send him some addresses.

Also contact shiala with a private message.

As for what cigars to send: They're all good. After all, they appreciate the gift. Good idea to include some of your personal favorites. Include a note! Nothing wrong with Gurkha! Like any brand . . . some like em . . . some don't.

Promoting the Enjoyment of Fine Cigars!
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road

I usually will pay them forward. There are some cigars I've had that I thought were just garbage, namely, Consuegras(sp?). But I did read that someone thought that they were a GREAT cheap stick. So I saved them, and gave my last 4 to my buddy on his birthday under the stipulation that he may or may not like them.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I disagree, I think any cigars should go to the troops. I would far rather have a dog rocket than nothing if I was over there. And many troops are not cigar smokers and just want something to relax them for a few minutes. I know before I was smoking all the time I was fine smoking anything, it all tasted fine to me. I don't know maybe I'm wrong I just think anything (even dog rockets) is better than nothing to our troops. I say send them.

If you are uncomfortable sending them to our troops then send then to Frank (he has an empty Humi) or Remo (he deserves them)
I agree. When I was in Iraq I would smoke anything! haha Especially if it was free.
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
GuitarSgt63

Exclamation Re: What to do with Sh*%ty cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
You can always put a note with your sticks. I was going to toss these but wanted you guys to sort thru them. If you want to toss them go ahead. Thanks for serving.

Something like that is what I'd do.
Hey, I'm n Afghanistan time now and after reading this I need say -

(1) Thank You to all that do support us

(2) [for me] my friend told me about this site after giving me a cigar from you guys. Been here for 7 months and only have two care packages from family

(3 n final)
Yes, just about anything that is support from home is appreciated - like a gift from heaven. Anyone that has been here know this is the wild wild west, so any kind of stick {dog rocket, sh*t stick WHO CARES} more that likely it will be smoked.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #35
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I personally like some Gurkhas for cheaper every day smoke. The wrappers are fragile and can be a PITA though.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Every cigar made for any significant length of time, is liked or loved by many; enough people to keep production going.

You think they keep making Cremosas just so us snarky bastards can get a bundle every 5 years or so to torment our brethren with? No...somebody—a lot of somebodies—like them and keep buying them.

That's why even if I absolutely hate a cigar upon trying it, if I have more I hang on to them until I find someone who likes them. Sending them to the troops is a terrific and generous option for those sticks that you don't care for.

But not Cremosas. Please.