Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

First Name: Jason
Trading: (24)
Partagas
deadrise has a spectacular aura aboutdeadrise has a spectacular aura about
Default this guy is having a bad day don't mess with nnpd

Police received a call around 1:30 p.m. of a man with a gun in the 1100 block of 32nd Street. When police approached the man, he was on the back porch of a house. The man refused to put down his gun and went inside the home.
The home is a rooming house owned by the Community Services Board. Police were not sure if others are inside, according to Newport News police spokesman Harold Eley.The man exited the house slowly around 3:30 p.m., then started to run from police. Police shot the man with bean-bag projectiles prior to subduing him. Police recovered two toy guns from the man. He was taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation, according to Eley. Charges are pending.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

Partagas
Default Re: this guy is having a bad day don't mess with nnpd

more picks glad I live in the country and only visit for herfs
Old 10-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

iron sights? really? spend all that money on that killer vehicle and have an ar-15 with irons?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
iron sights? really? spend all that money on that killer vehicle and have an ar-15 with irons?
Maybe they are proficient with their weapons and dont need the fancy $hit to compensate!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Toy guns? Hard to sustain any charge unless he was involved in an armed robbery, easy to sustain an assault with attempt to murder against the police. Don't get me wrong, I worked as a cop for a while but if the guns had the little orange tips on them, the police over reacted.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Maybe they are proficient with their weapons and dont need the fancy $hit to compensate!!!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Toy guns? Hard to sustain any charge unless he was involved in an armed robbery, easy to sustain an assault with attempt to murder against the police. Don't get me wrong, I worked as a cop for a while but if the guns had the little orange tips on them, the police over reacted.
At very least they could get him form resisting/fleeing on foot. As far as the orange tips, if he didnt cover them, maybe they never saw the gun well enough since he fled inside.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
GoodFella
out to sea

Trading: (7)
ERdM AirForce (Active)
GoodFella has disabled reputation

must of been a slow day for the cops
Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Note to self - Guns sold at Toys R Us could bring a convoy of 5-0 to your door with damn near full swat gear.

I think all of those involved should be forced to take a 2 week course on the difference between...

This:

And this:

Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Bill, the argument with that is. Criminals are painting their guns to look like toys and some toys (specifically BB guns) look like the real thing. An officer may only have a second or two to tell the difference.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Bill, the argument with that is. Criminals are painting their guns to look like toys and some toys (specifically BB guns) look like the real thing. An officer may only have a second or two to tell the difference.
It was only a joke, I'm just messing around. Note that I took the most obvious 2 pictures There's caps in the picture The other blatantly says Smith and Wesson right on it.

He was hit with a beanbag round anyways, no harm done. Well nothing permanent, probably a real nasty bruise but meh...he's fine.

The only partial disappointment is they went THAT far for one guy with fake guns when they could have better used their time elsewhere.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
It was only a joke, I'm just messing around. Note that I took the most obvious 2 pictures There's caps in the picture The other blatantly says Smith and Wesson right on it.

He was hit with a beanbag round anyways, no harm done. Well nothing permanent, probably a real nasty bruise but meh...he's fine.

The only partial disappointment is they went THAT far for one guy with fake guns when they could have better used their time elsewhere.
Now if you were talking about corrections officers I would agree about the classes. Those guys are slow and never deal with anything good!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodFella View Post
must of been a slow day for the cops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I would respond to you both but it wouldn't be polite.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

6:00 news showed the police pelting this guy, LIVE, with about 50 pellet bags...and he was like 65...they could have easily tackled him and taken him down another way. By no means condoning what he did, and of course, I am certain the press only showed a portion and not the whole story.

Further reports that this man had not taken his medication...again, not excusing what he did. I just believe that the NNPD could have handled this situation a bit better than they did.

Last edited by kelmac07; 10-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

These toy airsoft guns are a real problem down here in Miami. They have been used in alot of robberys and car jacking. A lot of kids (and some adults) spray paint the guns because they look so real.

Dumb move on the guys part and I (or anyone for that matter) cannot speak on the behalf of the officers on scene. Remember every police officers ultimate goal is to go home at the end of shift. If the guy is safe and behind bars (or in a metal hospital) and no one got hurt then job well done in my book.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #16
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent point frank...policemen/woman are in harms way each and every day on the job. Split second decisions are the difference between life and death.

The video the news played didn't lie (but again, may have only showed one side of the story). Once the 65 year old man came outside, 35 officers in full riot gear chasing him down the street firing pellet bags at him. While the man was running, the cops were WALKING around him while continuing to fire on him. I am an avid supporter of the NNPD and all policeman/woman for that matter. Again, my opinion is that this could have been handled a bit better.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

not enough info here to determine if the cops were right or wrong here. but having a gun in va isn't a crime
Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #18
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Excellent point frank...policemen/woman are in harms way each and every day on the job. Split second decisions are the difference between life and death.

The video the news played didn't lie (but again, may have only showed one side of the story). Once the 65 year old man came outside, 35 officers in full riot gear chasing him down the street firing pellet bags at him. While the man was running, the cops were WALKING around him while continuing to fire on him. I am an avid supporter of the NNPD and all policeman/woman for that matter. Again, my opinion is that this could have been handled a bit better.
When things like this happen Mac no one side will every be right. You will always be able to argue the 1001 ways it could have been handled. Like I said only the people who were there would be able to truly know if everything was handled with In reason and to the best of the police ability.

At the end of the day no one got seriously hurt and the street are safe.

Now let's light up a stogie and sit back and relax cause let's face it it's all we can do

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #19
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
When things like this happen Mac no one side will every be right. You will always be able to argue the 1001 ways it could have been handled. Like I said only the people who were there would be able to truly know if everything was handled with In reason and to the best of the police ability.

At the end of the day no one got seriously hurt and the street are safe.

Now let's light up a stogie and sit back and relax cause let's face it it's all we can do
Here here Frank!!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

Partagas

well not really how I thought this would go but could have been worse and reminds me why I steer clear of discussions where opinions come in play (politics,religion and now news is on the list).
not sure now why I posted this to tell the truth I thought the armored truck was bad a$$ and to be honest was just glad no one was hurt to bad. In the end everyone there had a bad day but what is done is done.
"Now let's light up a stogie and sit back and relax cause let's face it it's all we can do"