Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Resipsa

Default The Audio/Visual Q&A Thread

If this already exist in some form, pardon et moi. If not, I thought given some of the questions that have sprung up lately it might not be a bad idea. I've got a fairly sweet setup, am fairly knowledgeable, and am happy answering any questions that may pop up.

I know James, Kelly, Dustin, and others have just as much to add here as me, so hopefully we can get everyones questions answered and make what can be complicated, simple.

My setup:

Toshiba 1080P 62 inch DLP TV

Sony PS3 used for blu ray, as a digital media streamer, streaming Neflix over the Net, internet surfing and occasional game playing.

Sony 985 DVD Jukebox (holds 400 DVD's)

DirecTV HR22 High Def Digital Recorder (500gb)

HP Home Smart Media Server upgraded to 1 Terrabyte of storage capacity

Denon AVR 988 Receiver

Magnepan MMG's as front speakers

Axiom VP150 as center speaker

4 Axiom QS8's as side and rear surround speakers.

Monster Cable Power Center 1600 (which everything in the living room is plugged into

This is a 7.1 setup which I love. If you're on the 5.1 fence and considering 7.1
make the jump you won't regret it.

The HP Media Server currently holds about 200 DVD's and I can't even begin to say how much music (a lot) which have all been digitized as either lossless or converted to very high bitrates and are streamed over a Wireless N network connection to either the PS3 in the living room, or a DLink DSM 520 Media Server in the bedroom which gives us access to everything on the server, which is in the living room, in the bedroom which is sweet!

Everything is controlled by a Phillips Pronto remote control. These remotes rock, are the ultimate in customization among handhelds and can be scored on Ebay at very reasonable prices. A must if your system is complicated, totally smokes the Harmony remotes

Any questions? Ask Away!!