Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
you know if you clear your cookies you can vote over and over......just sayin....I've been busy. Goal is to swing percentages tonight. lol
I thought about that, but I kinda wanted to see if I could get it swung over to our side with different IPs if anyone there knows how to check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I'm curious-what is the point of the poll other than to stir the pot for the local residents? If your board is making decision based upon a newspaper poll, you're got major problems.

Everyone wants a raise, but at the end of the day, millions have had their salaries actually cut (not held steady, but actual cuts) or lost their jobs in the past 2 years, so those are the people you're not going to win over or gain any of their sympathy.

I am not looking for sympathy, and you are correct in the pot stirring comment. I am underpaid already (yes I understand that millions of others are also) my wife has been unemployed for a year and half with no good prospects now and she has management, supervisory, retail, taxes and other experience and cannot find a job. I think the board is going to give the bonus and the poll wont sway them, but this is just my way of hitting back. I wouldn't ask anyone who doesn't feel comfortable or agree with my position to vote. I don't think the board is making decisions based on a poll, but it will be fun to see them try to figure out how the poll was in our favor.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #22
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Voted "yes."

I know what EMTs go through. As a volunteer chaplain, I don't get anything. They wanted to cut what we do get, which is only my dues for the Internation Conference of Police Chaplains - about $75 a year. There are no other chaplains in the county.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
I know you don't want to hear it my friend, but I hold what you do in very high esteem, because I know you are a great blessing to those folks when they need you. I'm not trying to come across as being unthankful because I do get paid. I just wanted to have some fun and shake things up a little bit.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Don't bomb Greg either Ryan, and if I get bombed you get bombed. I will hold you personally responsible.

Oh yeah it has tipped already. Keep em comin.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #24
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post

I am not looking for sympathy, and you are correct in the pot stirring comment. I am underpaid already (yes I understand that millions of others are also) my wife has been unemployed for a year and half with no good prospects now and she has management, supervisory, retail, taxes and other experience and cannot find a job. I think the board is going to give the bonus and the poll wont sway them, but this is just my way of hitting back. I wouldn't ask anyone who doesn't feel comfortable or agree with my position to vote. I don't think the board is making decisions based on a poll, but it will be fun to see them try to figure out how the poll was in our favor.
I wasn't implying you were asking for sympathy from anyone here, but the local people in your area are those you have to concern yourselves with more than people here. At the end of the day, they're footing the bill for your salaries and trying to get by with less themselves.

A lot of us probably don't really appreciate the services provided by our fire, ambulance, and police departments and recognize it's not a path for making big bucks. After 10+ years in the corporate world, I realized I wasn't cut out for it and back to school now for a degree in nursing. There are far more riches in life you can achieve that don't pertain to a dollar sign.

Good luck.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I wasn't implying you were asking for sympathy from anyone here, but the local people in your area are those you have to concern yourselves with more than people here. At the end of the day, they're footing the bill for your salaries and trying to get by with less themselves.

A lot of us probably don't really appreciate the services provided by our fire, ambulance, and police departments and recognize it's not a path for making big bucks. After 10+ years in the corporate world, I realized I wasn't cut out for it and back to school now for a degree in nursing. There are far more riches in life you can achieve that don't pertain to a dollar sign.

Good luck.

I didn't misunderstand Duane, I meant I'm not really looking for sympathy from the folks who are against us in this. I understand where they are coming from, but the whole story is too involved to into here. Suffice it to say they (not all the folks, a very specific group) are using very unscrupolous tactics to try to achieve their agenda and I am trying my best to get our employees this bonus, which is what they voted me in to do. Congratulations on going to school for a degree in nursing, wish I had the good sense to do it myself.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Greg does the EMS bill insurance companies or is it a tax based system?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #27
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

DONE.

Anything for my favorite Hillbilly
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #28
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Greg does the EMS bill insurance companies or is it a tax based system?
Oh we bill insurance companies and individuals if they don't have insurance. You prolly know well though the individuals usually get wrote off as bad debt after some time when they don't pay. With the addition of the inter-facility transport truck about a year ago we now cover about 75% of our operating budget with the remaining 25% supplemented from the county budget. We do our own billing too (no third party billing) so that means that the county doesn't turn it over to collections and no ding on your credit if you don't pay, so we do pretty good statistically speaking on our ratio for payments.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #29
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
DONE.

Anything for my favorite Hillbilly
I know I could count on you Gary.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
ChicagoWhiteSox

done.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
G G
BR549

Bolivar

We also have a FB page for anyone who cares to check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/bcemspros.com

I don't expect you too just thought I would post if you did want to read about it. There is more specific info there. And some cool pictures of what we do.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Must be some Haters in your county. 54.1 For and 45.9 Against.

Should have changed the title from 'County Employees' to 'Awesome EMT guys'. The former is a little to wide of a net to get overwhelmingly good results....

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #33
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post

Should have changed the title from 'County Employees' to 'Awesome EMT guys'. The former is a little to wide of a net to get overwhelmingly good results....

Well the $1000.00 bonus will go to all county employees of which we are only one department. I wish I could change it to awesome EMS guys no doubt we might get a little more support. The truth of it is that most folks don't think about us unless they need to call 911, and that's ok---just the nature of the beast. Heck I don't like to think about us sometimes and I work here.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #34
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Done. Good luck!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #35
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Well the $1000.00 bonus will go to all county employees of which we are only one department. I wish I could change it to awesome EMS guys no doubt we might get a little more support. The truth of it is that most folks don't think about us unless they need to call 911, and that's ok---just the nature of the beast. Heck I don't like to think about us sometimes and I work here.
I wonder if minds would change if they called 911 and no one answered the phone when they needed help. No ambulance showed up to take their loved one to the hospital. No cop arrived to stop a domestic. No fireman came to put out the fire.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #36
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Voted! ! !
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #37
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Another yes vote submitted!!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #38
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post

Just voted "yes"...and it's 59%-41% now.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #39
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

Voted yes here. good luck!
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #40
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I voted yes for you brother, even though I hate police more than anyone, You're an EMT you are definitely GREAT PEOPLE. My uncle was an EMT I got nothing but respect and gratitude for you guys!

Hope all goes well.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote