Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #81
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
I'm sensing another Grape Swisher bet coming on, Scooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I don't bet with welchers - he never did fulfill his part of that bet and smoke his Swisher.
As God is my witness, I'll smoke one of these stinky sunsab!tches. The rest I'm sending to Emjay.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #82
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
As God is my witness, I'll smoke one of these stinky sunsab!tches. The rest I'm sending to Emjay.

Oh, that would be too incredibly sweet - like you cannot even know how cool that would be.

Gotta remember though, I did release you from that bet - I couldn't make a friend do that.

But making MJ smoke one? That I could....

... OK, I couldn't even make MJ smoke one. Although, it'd be fun to see him drunk enough that he'd do it all on his own.

Hmm, Scott, send those to me. I think I have the beginnings of an idea.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #83
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Well, maybe if people would: 1) stop the sissy shoulder tackling and start hitting from the waist down while wrapping their arms around the ball carrier, 2) hit the ball carrier before they explode out from the line of scrimmage, and 3) gang tackle, then we will stop the "up and down the field issue."

There's nothing wrong with hitting low and gang tackling you know...

That'd be a good idea.

How about this one, don't expect that just because you hit someone they'll automatically go down - wrap 'em up!

Here's another. Cover the guy you're assigned to cover. And if you're in zone, cover the guy in your zone unless you communicate with someone else and are sure that another is covering him.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #84
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gotta remember though, I did release you from that bet - I couldn't make a friend do that.

... OK, I couldn't even make MJ smoke one. Although, it'd be fun to see him drunk enough that he'd do it all on his own.

Okay, you talked me into it. I'm gonna buy my way out of this.
It'll be win/win all around, and most importantly, I don't have to smoke one of these things.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #85
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

And...
Being the Packers will not play in the first round, and they'll probably play Dallas (cause I think they'll sneak in, make a showing, then cave) in their first trial, it looks like they'll have to get through San Fran or New Orleans to make the Super Bowl.
They've shown they can outgun NO, but that was early.
I like the Packers chances. I like them a lot better if they don't see San Francisco, but I haven't seen that club in action yet this year, I'm just going on stats, which mean almost nothing come playoff time.
I get to see what San Fran looks like when they play my Steelers this weekend.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #86
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That'd be a good idea.

How about this one, don't expect that just because you hit someone they'll automatically go down - wrap 'em up!

Here's another. Cover the guy you're assigned to cover. And if you're in zone, cover the guy in your zone unless you communicate with someone else and are sure that another is covering him.
on all points Todd. Now, if our "D" has a linky to this thread....

Old 12-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #87
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
on all points Todd. Now, if our "D" has a linky to this thread....

I wouldn't bet on that. But I hope someone on the coaching staff is telling them the same things.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #88
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
And...
Being the Packers will not play in the first round, and they'll probably play Dallas (cause I think they'll sneak in, make a showing, then cave) in their first trial, it looks like they'll have to get through San Fran or New Orleans to make the Super Bowl.
I like the Packers chances. I like them a lot better if they don't see San Francisco, but I haven't seen that club in action yet this year, I'm just going on stats, which mean almost nothing come playoff time.
I am looking forward to the rest of the season. And, I am hoping that whoever we face, we will have the defense to stop them and the offensive tenacity to do what is necessary to win.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #89
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
And...
From what I've been able to tell from watching some of them this year, they're kind of like the Steelers on defense. Have a stout front seven that is equally adept at both stopping the run and getting after the quarterback, but their secondary is shaky (18 team interceptions is a deceptive number). If Roethlisberger can evade the rush with his flat tire, he should carve them up.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #90
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
From what I've been able to tell from watching some of them this year, they're kind of like the Steelers on defense. Have a stout front seven that is equally adept at both stopping the run and getting after the quarterback, but their secondary is shaky (18 team interceptions is a deceptive number). If Roethlisberger can evade the rush with his flat tire, he should carve them up.
We always have Heath and Hines over the middle to spread the field, so if it's gonna be a short field game, then so be it.
I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to get a look at San Fran right before the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #91
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Come on Kansas City and get the upset victory. It could happen.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #92
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Come on Kansas City and get the upset victory. It could happen.
Anything's possible........but, no. Not gonna happen unless the team bus doesn't make it to the stadium.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #93
jsnake
Have My Own Room

KC Chiefs leading the Packers 6 - 0. I honestly want Green Bay to get the perfect season but I love my KC Chiefs. By the way I grew up in a Packer home before being a fan was cool. My dad made us eat on Green Bay Packers placemats that he made from his Packers Report newspapers.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #94
jsnake
Have My Own Room

Excuse me while I Happy Dance in this thread. 19 to 14 KC Chiefs take down the SUPER bowl Champions and previously undefeated Packers. This 1 win makes this lousy season okay for this KC fan.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #95
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Excuse me while I Happy Dance in this thread. 19 to 14 KC Chiefs take down the SUPER bowl Champions and previously undefeated Packers. This 1 win makes this lousy season okay for this KC fan.
Congrats to the Chiefs. They came to play. Our receivers obviously didn't. Anytime Finley talks about picking up the slack, what he usually ends up picking up is the ball after he drops it.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #96
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Damnit.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #97
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I aint scared. You supply the beer and the blunt, and I'll play Cigar Fear Factor.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #98
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Well, the defense didn't show up to play. Or should I say, the defense played like they normally play - unable to stop anything. And without the big plays, the take-aways, what happens? Yep, you got it! KC defeats the Packers.

Add to that an offensive line that couldn't protect Rodgers and receivers, yes, receivers (more than one) who cannot hang onto the ball, and you will lose.

Now that have a loss. Maybe this will be the wake-up call to get them to step up their game.

I seriously think that part of the problem was that they thought this would be a cake walk game, and they got theirs handed to them.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #99
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

I'm tired of hearing McCarthy say they're gonna work on the defense and start playing championship caliber defense. SHOW me.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #100
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
I'm tired of hearing McCarthy say they're gonna work on the defense and start playing championship caliber defense. SHOW me.
Amen brother, preach it!