Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #41
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

Now it is official that Roger Maris is still the single season HR King since McGwire, Sosa & Bonds are all proven roiders.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #42
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Just how the Mets want to start 2010 off. Carlos Beltran on the DL for the next 12 weeks after knee surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4824101
Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #43
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Just how the Mets want to start 2010 off. Carlos Beltran on the DL for the next 12 weeks after knee surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4824101
Why in the hell would you wait til now to have this surgery and not when the season was over??? He is hiding something. Lovely start to the 2010 season for my beloved Mets.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #44
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

How does Omar Minaya keep is job?
He has to be the most incompetent GM in the history of the game, he has to have pictures?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #45
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Why in the hell would you wait til now to have this surgery and not when the season was over??? He is hiding something. Lovely start to the 2010 season for my beloved Mets.
The Cards went through the same crap with Troy Glaus and his shoulder last year. We got a total of about 130 plate appearances out of him.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #46
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
The Cards went through the same crap with Troy Glaus and his shoulder last year. We got a total of about 130 plate appearances out of him.
Just a guess.... but similar to Glaus (Mr. Mistake).... maybe he was trying physical rehab during the off season in an attempt to avoid surgery?

I know it doesn't make sense, but he coulda skipped the rehab attempt, had the surgery, and been back and in shape by now.

Either way, he's still getting 1.2 bajillion dollars for his DL stint.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #47
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
That is what I thought when I saw the article. Can Bay play CF?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #48
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Bay could barely play the tiny LF at Fenway. Good luck
Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #49
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
He has to be the most incompetent GM in the history of the game, he has to have pictures?
He is terrible. I like having him at their helm though, ensures there is only ever one good team in NYC
Old 01-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #50
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I've been asking this same question for three years now.

Quote:
No wheels!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
Bay could barely play the tiny LF at Fenway. Good luck
LOL!!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #51
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Lot's of talking back and forth over this Beltran surgery. The biggest problem with the whole thing is the person named BorASS.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #52
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Lot's of talking back and forth over this Beltran surgery. The biggest problem with the whole thing is the person named BorASS.
Guess that makes it tough to void his contract...damn Borass!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #53
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Lincecum wants $13 mil in arbitration, a record for a player eligible his first time.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...in+arbitration

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #54
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Red Sox and Papelbon agreed to a 1 yr deal. They still will not commit to him long term.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #55
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Red Sox and Papelbon agreed to a 1 yr deal. They still will not commit to him long term.
Good for them; bad for him.
What's his pricetag this year?

Insert quote here.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #56
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Good for them; bad for him.
What's his pricetag this year?
1yr $9.35M
Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #57
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Sox won't commit to him, he has shoulder issues,and don't throw as hard as he used to.
He is looking to be Marino Riviera's replacement in the near future and have the Yanks make him the highest paid pitcher in baseball?
A lot of people are sick of his attitude and his act.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #58
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I don't want him as a Yankee.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #59
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Lincecum wants $13 mil in arbitration, a record for a player eligible his first time.
After two consecutive Cy Youngs...I say he's earned it. Plus, he is still very young. They better lock him up while they can.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #60
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
After two consecutive Cy Youngs...I say he's earned it. Plus, he is still very young. They better lock him up while they can.
I agree.

Insert quote here.