Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a cheap receiver.

I've been running Klipsch 5.1 Ultras for a lot of years now, and I love them. The sub fried.
So...
I unhooked my surround from the tv, hooked her up, and that receiver fried, I only have one left channel left.
Now I have a powered sub that requires an rca connection and five Klipsch satellites.
I am no audiophile by any means. This is just for jamming at mission control here. Just desk music. I'm also mostly deaf, my high tones are fried, and most anything will do. I don't want to spend any money, either. The less the better cause I have to buy a new surround for the tv.
Any suggestions?
I can't stand it anymore.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I need a cheap receiver.

Scott- Stop being such a cheap ass and buy a decent receiver!

Honestly, I would just check out ABC Warehouse or Best Buy and find something in your price range.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Scott- Stop being such a cheap ass and buy a decent receiver!

Honestly, I would just check out ABC Warehouse or Best Buy and find something in your price range.
My price range is 8 bucks. I'm thinking they don't have anything.
I can get my Klipsch sub fixed for under 200, but it'll just fry again. She's old. We had a good run.
I need to spend money on surround for football.
I'm gonna go do that today, I think. If I get time.
We don't have a Best Buy or any other stuff, I live in the woods.
Best I have found is a Yamaha at Radio Shack.
I'll probably end up buying something at Wally or Sears.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
tchariya
Taters of the lost Ark

Trading: (13)
RG
tchariya will become famous soon enoughtchariya will become famous soon enough

check local pawn shops too! denon or sony should do you good.
tchariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Terrell Owens?

-
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Terrell Owens?

-
If he comes with socks in his mouth, That might not be a bad pickup.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Craigslist?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

www.crutchfield.com always has good deals and pretty decent reviews with a huge selection.
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Craigslist? I've bought & sold a few things there. Been burned once with a DSL modem that was friend.

Onkyo has a decent receiver for about $300.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

EeeeeBay. If you can afford the shipping wait, deals can be found there. May even have a replacement for your fried stuff.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
beamish

here ya go....http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEGRA-DTR-7-by...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Scott,

If you don't have a problem buying Manufacturer refurbished stuff check out these two places:

Dakmart and Ecost.

I have been buying refurbished stuff forever it seems. Everything from audio to printers and with the exception of one CD player (which was replaced under warranty) have never ever had any problems.

You can get excellent stuff for around half the cost - most everything comes with warranties and you can always get Square Trade extended warranties to cover them for longer periods. I have a few Square Trade coverages.

Anyway - I'm a Denon fan and have bought from both the above places. They are the only two places authorized by Denon to sell refurbished online. I prefer Dakmart a little more I guess cause I have called them and the person(s) answering always had the answers without having to transfer me. On my last receiver purchase the guy gave me the next model up for the same price as the one I was looking to buy.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
Scott,

If you don't have a problem buying Manufacturer refurbished stuff check out these two places:

Dakmart and Ecost.

I have been buying refurbished stuff forever it seems. Everything from audio to printers and with the exception of one CD player (which was replaced under warranty) have never ever had any problems.

You can get excellent stuff for around half the cost - most everything comes with warranties and you can always get Square Trade extended warranties to cover them for longer periods. I have a few Square Trade coverages.

Anyway - I'm a Denon fan and have bought from both the above places. They are the only two places authorized by Denon to sell refurbished online. I prefer Dakmart a little more I guess cause I have called them and the person(s) answering always had the answers without having to transfer me. On my last receiver purchase the guy gave me the next model up for the same price as the one I was looking to buy.

Ron
Thanks Ron!!!
This is exactly what I need.
Price is right, too.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Thanks Ron!!!
This is exactly what I need.
Price is right, too.
Here are the pictures from the Denon website on that model.

Now - Denon sells and iPod dock that not only lets you play any iPod on it - it also has a internet connection that will let you play any music files on your home computer and/or internet radio. Looks like this:

If you think that you want one - don't buy one. For a couple of smokes you can have mine. My internet plugs directly into my receiver so I don't ever use it.

And one last thing. Although they can be programmed by using the front panel - it's a ton easier to setup if you can connect a small (or large) TV to it and use the on-screen menu.

Ron

Last edited by RGD.; 09-17-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: One last thing -
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
Here are the pictures from the Denon website on that model.

Now - Denon sells and iPod dock that not only lets you play any iPod on it - it also has a internet connection that will let you play any music files on your home computer and/or internet radio. Looks like this:

If you think that you want one - don't buy one. For a couple of smokes you can have mine. My internet plugs directly into my receiver so I don't ever use it.

And one last thing. Although they can be programmed by using the front panel - it's a ton easier to setup if you can connect a small (or large) TV to it and use the on-screen menu.

Ron
I'm actually just gonna get two of them. It'll handle my tv surround, too.
Yes, I want that ipod dock.
pm incoming.