Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
DoctorBJ

Default outdoor speakers

Hey everyone, I'm finally getting around to wiring up the entertainment system to the deck/pool area. Any suggestions for speakers (like the kind you'd mount to the eves)? The budget isn't too high (the wife has plenty of projects for me) so maybe about a hundred bucks for the pair? I think I could go up to $200.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
openendstraight

Default Re: outdoor speakers

Out door speakers at BB
Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

They may be a bit more than $200, but I swear by my Bose 151's. I have 2 pairs (older models--about 15 years old) and I've never had a problem. I push those things with 400W JVC receiver and they're clear as a bell. Love 'em.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

I have two sets of these Polks - one set on the rear deck and one on the front. Rear deck ones are about 3 years or so older than the front ones. This summer I sprayed a little Windex on the rear ones, wiped them down and they look just as good as the new front ones.

Love them. Great bass and range for right around $200 bucks.

Link to Best Buy although my first set was purchased at Circuit City and the last set from Crutchfield.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

Polk Audio Atrium 45 All-Weather Speakers These are the 4.5 inch model they are $116 at amazon black or white.

They also sell bigger models and the price goes up accordingly.
The 5.25 inch speakers sound fuller than the 4.5 but are $299 which busts your budget.
I've heard them both If your not looking to pump them up and don't expect to much bass the 4.5 will be fine

Look them up on amazon there are about 140 reviews on the various sizes under the same listing.

Hope this helps

Last edited by skullnrose; 09-08-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: fixed $
skullnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

My bad - I actually have the Atrium 55 series and not the 45 series that I posted above. But I don't recall paying anywhere near $299 either time.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
DoctorBJ

found those 55's for around 170. Might have to snag them.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
beamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
They may be a bit more than $200, but I swear by my Bose 151's. I have 2 pairs (older models--about 15 years old) and I've never had a problem. I push those things with 400W JVC receiver and they're clear as a bell. Love 'em.
that is what I would do if my pool speakers go,cant beat the durability,i currently have some cheapo rock speakers by the pool {aka 6 1/2" coaxial car speakers in a fake rock surround} but on the deck have NHT 2 way speakers that really rock for the money NHT {now hear this} kicks ass...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
beamish

These are what i use and they kick ass...http://www.google.com/products/catal...m=4#ps-sellers