Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-30-2022, 02:46 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default AJ Fernandez - Bellas Artes Maduro - Robusto

https://ajfcigars.com/cigars/bellas-artes/maduro/

So, i picked up a couple 5 packs of these off cigarbid to try the Maduro wrapper and i've found it does change the taste. The undertones are always the same but there's more of a mellow sweetness that run throughout instead of that honey spiciness that you get with the natural version. So, enough of this and let's start the review!

Wrapper: dark chocolate wrapper, dark and silky and just about perfect

Draw: Loose with just a little bit of resistance

A litt’e bit of spiciness to start, sweet tobacco, chocolate, coffee, earthiness, hints of dry fruit, white pepper, It doesn’t have that honey sweetness the nicaraguan wrapper would have. The Brazilian maduro wrapper brings more of s savory sweetness to the blend, Has a little vampire sort of flavor,

Cigars ash fell off just before the photo

Dark chocolate, dry fruit, coffee, wood/oakiness, tea, leather, still no honey sweetness that i’m used to, nuttiness, very light creaminess,

chocolate, spice, pepper, creaminess, coffee, earthiness, oak, dry fruit, very slight honey, Meatiness/steakiness, tea leaves,

ash/burn: Burn was a little uneven at first but settled into a good burn eventually and ash was tight and packed well

Finish: The Bellas Artes Maduro is just a different beast from it's counterpoint. The first half of this cigar i wasn't digging but the last half really came alive with the flavors i'm more used to. It's a solid cigar to a line i otherwise enjoy and love. The bellas artes goes far enough to me that it reminds me of a good cuban cigar. The blenders deserve all the praise for this. The maduro has more of a meaty/steak flavor to it's counter which has the more cuban sweet honey flavors i love. This was a very good cigar and if you really love maduro cigars you're gonna love this. I hope you enjoyed my little review! Have a blessed day and God bless you all!
Old 01-30-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AJ Fernandez - Bellas Artes Maduro - Robusto

Great review.

I definitely enjoy both Bella’s Artes blends and agree they are completely different.

I think I like the Habano wrapper a bit more but the Maduro suits me better at night with a drink.

These two are both regulars in my rotation. I would go so far as to say they are both in my top 10 at this moment, eg the list is dynamic as I am fickle.

Thanks for the review!
Old 01-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Damn you Jason. Now I have another stick to add to my list of cigars to try.
Old 01-30-2022, 04:30 PM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Damn you Jason. Now I have another stick to add to my list of cigars to try.
You'll thank me later i promise. Not your wallet though. No i expect hate mail from your wallet.

God bless you!
Old 01-30-2022, 04:32 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Great review.

I definitely enjoy both Bella’s Artes blends and agree they are completely different.

I think I like the Habano wrapper a bit more but the Maduro suits me better at night with a drink.

These two are both regulars in my rotation. I would go so far as to say they are both in my top 10 at this moment, eg the list is dynamic as I am fickle.

Thanks for the review!
I got introduced to Bellas Artes through Steven Crowder (conservative comedian) as it's his favorite and fell in love with them. One of my regular go-to smokes as well.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:21 AM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I love the Bella Artes Maduros. I always have a couple boxes on hand.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

I'm smoking a toro right now and I don't know if its the size or what but this one has started out very nice. Lot's of that sweet tobacco with a campfire earthiness to it that is making is rather pleasant. It could also be we went from 87 degrees outside to 70 and now it's cooling down once more. This cigar is just making my day right now and i love when that happens. Go on Cbid and pick yourself up some ASAP. God bless you all!