Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2022, 12:47 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Corona Nicaraguan 20th Anniversary FSG Cigars

https://www.coronacigar.com/cigar-br...niversary-FSG/

So i decided to expand my horizons into FSG tobaccos and try this cigar and purchased a 5 pack. I tried the FSG Farm rolled and found them strongly cuban in flavor profiles so i wanted to up the challenge and see how it holds up in this iteration. So, without further ado here we go!

Wrapper: milk chocolate with minimal flaws and few veins to speak offend triple capped which i always like

Draw: loose for my taste but not bad and very sweet on the tongue

lots of sweet tobacco mixed with chocolate, kola nuts, small amount of spice, very sweet chocolaty Nicaraguan start with a rugged undertone, coffee, faint amounts of white pepper, has a very partagas sweetness and flavor, very creamy, some cedar, lots of smoke coming off this one,

some sweet tobacco but that’s mellowed, chocolate, still has that partagas undertone of sweet spiciness, coffee, white pepper, kola nuts, wood, earthiness, a little bit of savoriness mixed with that sweetness which is quite nice, it’s rare that 2/3 through a cigar and my tongue started buzzing,

sweet tobacco, chocolate, white pepper, coffee, still has very refined flavors mixed with this rugged undertone, some wood, earthiness, still tons of smoke, tea,

Ash: was a little flaky at first but after i ashed it the first time it became pretty solid.

Finish: I think this cigar was something special. it's blended well and has these cuban flavor undertones and they all dance nicely together, it had this nice white pepper mixed with a spicy sweetness as well as that Nicaraguan chocolate profile that was very nice and my hats off to the blender. not only would i recommend this cigar but i'd say buy a box. get yourself a 5 pack and try them out and you'll see what i'm talking about. I hope you enjoyed this review and God bless you all!

on my cigars daily journal i gave this cigar a 96