Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 03-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #61
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 5

Yeah, mine was just an off-color joke. But you'd be blind not to see the pattern for now.
I finally caught up, watching Ep.15 last night, and I agree, this seemed a LOT of 'catch up" style writing,
cramming Rick's sudden progression into one show so fast that it did not seem believable.
He's dead right about the world outside, but I think he should be prepared to stay and
blend or go and live his way. THose steel walls have him SO conflicted.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #62
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First Name: Victor
Trading: (1)
Victor808 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Yeah, mine was just an off-color joke. But you'd be blind not to see the pattern for now.
I finally caught up, watching Ep.15 last night, and I agree, this seemed a LOT of 'catch up" style writing,
cramming Rick's sudden progression into one show so fast that it did not seem believable.
He's dead right about the world outside, but I think he should be prepared to stay and
blend or go and live his way. THose steel walls have him SO conflicted.
Part of me wishes they drew out the decline a little longer. I agree, he went batsh#t so fast it just isn't believable.

But then I remember how badly they did a "slow burn" type change back in season 2 and I realize this just isn't something their writers can pull off.

90 minute episode this weekend!
Victor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #63
joshnauburn
JOSHNAUBURN

First Name: Josh
Trading: (2)
joshnauburn will become famous soon enough

great 90 mins. of complete confusion...
joshnauburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #64
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

I liked a lot of it individually. I'm not sure it all went together tho. Absolute chaos....
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 AM   #65
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor808 View Post
Part of me wishes they drew out the decline a little longer. I agree, he went batsh#t so fast it just isn't believable.
Rick went crazy too fast and Daryl became a nice guy too fast.
One episode he's gutting a rabbit on the porch and the next he's buddy buddy with the recruiter.
This whole season was rushed.
They spent the whole second half of last season getting to Terminus, and had that story line essentially wrapped up by this season's premier!
This year's mid season finale they were in Atlanta at Grady hospital, in the premier they're 60 miles outside of Washington.
I guess nothing happened along the way?
The finale was a disaster. It was all over the place.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #66
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

The more I think about the episode the more disappointed I do get. Really want more happening, less setting up. But I guess we knew this was going to happen. Hopefully next season will be a longer arc of conflict with these "wolves"... (don't know if they're going to be a surrogate for the "saviors" or if they're a new enemy they're setting up...)

Either way, what the hell am I supposed to do with my sunday nights now?
Old 04-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #67
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The more I think about the episode the more disappointed I do get. Really want more happening, less setting up. But I guess we knew this was going to happen. Hopefully next season will be a longer arc of conflict with these "wolves"... (don't know if they're going to be a surrogate for the "saviors" or if they're a new enemy they're setting up...)

Either way, what the hell am I supposed to do with my sunday nights now?
Mad Men? Game Of Thrones?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #68
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

Been spending a little time catching up with the comic books.

I gotta say, they are getting a little out there. While I really liked the books at the beginning, the character actions (especially around the possibly upcoming big baddie everyone has been hinting at) are just improbable even for someone a bit unhinged.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #69
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

I just started watching this season and have to admit it wasn't the best way to approach it. My son loves this show and has been asking me to watch with him, so I started towards the beginning of this season. I had no background on the characters, which wasn't ideal. I did get hooked on it though and now I'm starting from the very beginning via Netflix. Strange watching the last season and going back, but I'm really enjoying the first season. Never thought I'd like zombie shows, but this is good.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #70
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First season is excellent. You're gonna have to really power through the 2nd and 3rd seasons, they can be slow, and really irritating interchangeably.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #71
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

So who's been leaving the tree carvings that Morgan has been finding, before he reached the group?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #72
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

Anyone check out the "Fear the Walking Dead" premier on Sunday?

Thought it was interesting, but it's gonna be a bit of a race between when the zombie apocalypse really starts well and good, and when I'm going to get really really sick of this family.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #73
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone check out the "Fear the Walking Dead" premier on Sunday?

Thought it was interesting, but it's gonna be a bit of a race between when the zombie apocalypse really starts well and good, and when I'm going to get really really sick of this family.
I did...thought it was TERRIBLE!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #74
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it was interesting. I'll definitely be watching the next episode. I like the build up. If you get past all the political crap that seemed to be stuck in there and just take it as it was, a zombie show, it was enjoyable. I wouldn't have gone into the Church myself, maybe. But I like how it wasn't just a full on outbreak rather a build up. It show's how people are just desensitized of everyday things, traffic, police shootings, helicopters in the air, It's L.A .

Honestly I don't think I know what I would do after seeing a guy get hit twice and run over by a truck, go flying in the air and keep moving. I would probably go home and keep telling myself I didn't see squat

I also like the Maori actor, I think he's pretty good.

Last edited by bonjing; 08-26-2015 at 08:45 AM.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #75
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

It feels anti climatic. I don't like that I know what's happening as far as the outbreak is concerned.

That said, I will keep watching for now.
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #76
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I enjoyed the second episode. I hope that's not the last we see of Tobias, I like the kid.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #77
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

I'm iffy on the kid. I like that he kind of is "getting it" quicker than the others... but I'm on the fence. He could go either way.

It held strong through the 2nd episode. The police officer nonchalantly loading bottled water into his cruiser was seriously creepy.

I kind of like that the first reaction is rioting. It actually makes a weird amount of sense. No one expects zombies... so police shooting the hell out of a zombie dude is going to look like police violence. I also like that they're having these riots be what's really tearing everything apart, well before the zombies become a big problem.

I'm sick of the drug addled kid already.
And I was hoping those two parents would simply die when they had their little phone argument... "I'm coming over! is my son there?" "Don't you dare come over, it isn't your visiting time!" "Is my son there?" "You don't get to change the schedule!" ..... seriously? Is it too hard to say "There is an Emergency"? the argument seemed forced because they purposely made both characters too stupid to communicate.

But... I am having a bit of fun. It's playing out like the beginning of a very long zombie movie.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #78
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I'm digging it so far, I like the feeling of dread and despair. I'm glad his ex (the actress....not sure of her name, and not looking it up) landed a great gig....I liked her in Orange Is The New Black.

Yeah, I like Tobias......I thought for a min he was going to stab her when she gave the knife back to him.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #79
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

Ok, last night's episode really stepped it up.

A few things....
1 - Why is there always some dumb-azz who while confronted with things which are clearly continuing to move around after multiple attempts to stop them, are EATING people... and look like zombies.... always has to make a "no guns" stand? Really? I've never felt a need to own a gun in my life, but the instant sh#t like that starts to hit the fan, I'll probably be buried under so many guns I'll just die of suffocation. I want the dad to die. He's starting to piss me off with his willful refusal to adopt a survival strategy.

2 - Blonde mom is stepping it up. She's held back by dad dude.

3 - I like Reuben Blade's character. He's getting all the good lines right now. Too bad his wife is going to die and start eating people.

National Guard coming in was a nice side-step. I wasn't expecting to see a "last hurrah" out in the suburbs, and their sudden arrival was fun, and a bit of a shock. I'm sure there's going to be some fallout from this.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:37 AM   #80
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

I'm kinda with ya Victor about the dad.......I mean he was there when that kid's dealer came back to "life" right? I get it's hard to comprehend that people are returning from the dead, but ya have to survive too.

Really liked that the National Guard showed up.....really digging the show.....where is Tobias?