Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road
Default Big Plans

I live in PA and have an Uncle who lives in FL. We've always had a GREAT relationship from the time I was a little kid. When I got to college (he lived in Cinicinnatti at the time) I used to spend summers with him and my aunt and work in his machine shop. He paid me very well and never took a penny from me for room and board. He even leased a car for me for the summers that I was there. One summer I had a brand new Coupe de Ville with a white leather interior. Another Summer I had a brand new Monte Carlo convertible.

That was in the 70's. Now he lives in FL and he's not nearly as flush as he used to be, but I'm doing quite well. I've visited a number of times and we always have a great time together. He enjoys stogies as much as I do. One time I was there, we went to Tampa and spent the day visting all the cigar shops we could fit in.

In August I'm flying him to PA for a week.

Here's the good part. I've been sitting on a bunch of great Fuentes. I have some Opus from the 80's and 90's, many of the unusal vitolas i.e. the lanceros, quite a few Between the Lines (the barber pole wrappers), and a slew of Anejo's. Like I said, I've been sitting on them a long time. My wife tells me to smoke them, because as she says, "... that's what they're for."
Well, now is the perfect opportunity. When my uncle gets here, I'm breaking them out to share with him. I can't wait untill he gets here.
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Plans

Sounds like a great way to say "thank you" and enjoy a few sticks with your uncle.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Very nice of you. A family pif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich View Post
Opus from the 80's
Just wanting to clarify, Opus first hit the market in late 1995.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post

Just wanting to clarify, Opus first hit the market in late 1995.
Can't argue with you there. I only know I've been keeping them a looonnng time so I guess that's when they're from, the mid 90's. I've only recently been banding my cigars with the year I get them.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Awesome! Good plan and a great way to return a favor ... CA style!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
DougBushBC

A Mid 90s opus is supreme, enjoy those with the Uncle, that is a great gesture for a good friend. Glad you get to enjoy them!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich View Post
I live in PA and have an Uncle who lives in FL. We've always had a GREAT relationship from the time I was a little kid. When I got to college (he lived in Cinicinnatti at the time) I used to spend summers with him and my aunt and work in his machine shop. He paid me very well and never took a penny from me for room and board. He even leased a car for me for the summers that I was there. One summer I had a brand new Coupe de Ville with a white leather interior. Another Summer I had a brand new Monte Carlo convertible.

That was in the 70's. Now he lives in FL and he's not nearly as flush as he used to be, but I'm doing quite well. I've visited a number of times and we always have a great time together. He enjoys stogies as much as I do. One time I was there, we went to Tampa and spent the day visting all the cigar shops we could fit in.

In August I'm flying him to PA for a week.

Here's the good part. I've been sitting on a bunch of great Fuentes. I have some Opus from the 80's and 90's, many of the unusal vitolas i.e. the lanceros, quite a few Between the Lines (the barber pole wrappers), and a slew of Anejo's. Like I said, I've been sitting on them a long time. My wife tells me to smoke them, because as she says, "... that's what they're for."
Well, now is the perfect opportunity. When my uncle gets here, I'm breaking them out to share with him. I can't wait untill he gets here.
that sounds like an awesome plan to repay your uncle's generosity!
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

I've added something more to the event. His son, who lives in Ohio and he rarely gets to see, is going to be paying a surprise visit also.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Awesome. Sounds like a good time.
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote