Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough
Default A Message From Above

A businessman was in a great deal of trouble. His business was failing, he had put everything he had into the business, he owed everybody; it was so bad he was even contemplating suicide.. As a last resort he went to a local church and poured out his story of tears and woe to the Priest

When he had finished, the Priest said, "Here's what I want you to do: Put a beach chair and your Bible in your car and drive down to the beach. Take the beach chair and the Bible to the water's edge, sit down in the beach chair, and put the Bible in your lap.

Open the Bible; the wind will riffle the pages, but finally the open Bible will come to rest on a page. Look down at the page and read the first thing you see. That will be your answer, that will tell you what to do."

A year later the businessman went back to the Priest and brought his wife and children with him. The man was in a new custom tailored suit, his wife had on expensive jewelry, the children shining. The businessman pulled an envelope stuffed with money out of his pocket, and gave it to the Priest as a donation in thanks for his advice.

The Priest was extremely curious. "You did as I suggested?" he asked.

"Absolutely," replied the businessman.

"You went to the beach?"

"Absolutely."

"You sat in a beach chair with the Bible in your lap?"

"Absolutely."

"You let the pages riffle until they stopped?"

"Absolutely."

"And what were the first words you saw?"

"Chapter 11"
Old 04-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A Message From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI_2 View Post
A businessman was in a great deal of trouble. His business was failing, he had put everything he had into the business, he owed everybody; it was so bad he was even contemplating suicide.. As a last resort he went to a local church and poured out his story of tears and woe to the Priest

When he had finished, the Priest said, "Here's what I want you to do: Put a beach chair and your Bible in your car and drive down to the beach. Take the beach chair and the Bible to the water's edge, sit down in the beach chair, and put the Bible in your lap.

Open the Bible; the wind will riffle the pages, but finally the open Bible will come to rest on a page. Look down at the page and read the first thing you see. That will be your answer, that will tell you what to do."

A year later the businessman went back to the Priest and brought his wife and children with him. The man was in a new custom tailored suit, his wife had on expensive jewelry, the children shining. The businessman pulled an envelope stuffed with money out of his pocket, and gave it to the Priest as a donation in thanks for his advice.

The Priest was extremely curious. "You did as I suggested?" he asked.

"Absolutely," replied the businessman.

"You went to the beach?"

"Absolutely."

"You sat in a beach chair with the Bible in your lap?"

"Absolutely."

"You let the pages riffle until they stopped?"

"Absolutely."

"And what were the first words you saw?"

"Chapter 11"
great! Thanks for sharing
Old 04-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Funny stuff, Paul!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Old 04-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Nice one Paul
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote