Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Supplements you use- bodybuilding/weightloss

Looks like various threads mention these, but going thru several hundred pages to find them is excessive. So, what supplements do you take? There are SO many available, and probably 90% thin only your wallet. Any inmates have success taking supplements?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Supplements you use- bodybuilding/weightloss

Hugh, which are you interested in, bodybuilding or weightloss?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

"HGH works great!"

(signed)
-B*rry B*nds
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I'm interested in weightloss also?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Both, actually, don't think they need be mutually exclusive.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Another serious question....do you want to gain mass naturally or with enhancers?

There are PHs, creatine, or simple whey isolates that can work with the proper diet, but some are more extreme/quicker results. Same question in regards to your goals for weight loss. I assume you are planning on bulking up in the winter and leaning out for summer?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I've never been a fat guy, but I converted significant fat % and gained muscle mass with a combination of whey isolate protein & NO-Xplode (a nitric oxide + creatine + amino acid + caffeine vasodilator), also supplemented with a multivitamin 2x/day. All while doing intense cardio and strength workouts 6x/week on a 2600 calorie/day nutrition plan.

And I stopped drinking beer Sun-Thurs for a year. That was probably the biggest "supplement" I didn't take that did the trick!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

NO Xplode is a great intro into creatine however it can be an issue for some due to the caffeine. Limiting consumption of alcohol is one of the best ways to lose weight.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
"HGH works great!"

(signed)
-B*rry B*nds
So if I juice that stuff like 3x a day I can break the home run record? Does it work for say ....hockey or basketball? Or is it a strictly baseball thing?

Jokes aside I would also like to know what everyone takes for the same weightloss/muscle mass gain. I need to lose about 15-20 pounds of pure beer weight.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
So if I juice that stuff like 3x a day I can break the home run record? Does it work for say ....hockey or basketball? Or is it a strictly baseball thing?
I dunno, but your hat band size can go up by 1-3/4 and your shoes by 4....
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #11
Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Krishna
Trading: (2)
Trinidad
Krish the Fish is on a distinguished road

When I'm working out, I usually just use ON 100% Whey and Animal Packs. I have the ON 100% Casein and Animal Cuts, but I had enough protein through my diet that I didn't need the casein, and Animal Cuts never really did much for me.

When I get back into p90x, I might get NO-xplod just to see how much improvement I get.
Krish the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #12
mariogolbee

The common answer here seems to be cardio, lifting, diet (not dieting), and a strict regimen. I have taken several biology, anatomy, and physiology classes, and one intense nutrition class geared for the medical profession, and all of these would agree with this common answer. There are few supplements that can do for you what proper nutrition, your own body, and proper exercise cannot. In fact, most supplements, protein especially, can be quite harmful, and none of them work without exercise and proper nutrition.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
druturn

I am SURE I will get flak on this, but let me say this first before I say what I have just started taking: I am on a diet and exercise plan that I built myself that consists of sticking to about a 2,000 calories per day limit and working out for 1-2 hours daily with one hour of cardio and one hour of weightlifting. Just a few days ago I decided to just try out Hydroxycut. I am NOT taking this in hopes of it being a "magical weightloss pill", I am merely taking it in addition to my diet and exercise plan to see if it helps curb my appetite and aid me in keeping to my daily caloric intake. I have read hundreds of positive and negative reviews of this stuff and have simply decided to try it for myself. I figured a $15 investment for 1-2 months supply of this stuff is worth it if it helps, and if it doesn't, well, Hydroxycut just earned a one-time buyer. I'll let you know if a few weeks to a month if it is working out for me!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Both, actually, don't think they need be mutually exclusive.
I have never used a supplement for weight loss, so I don't want to confuse the conversation with my choices of supplements, Hugh. You might get more specific advice if you let us know what your goals are, short term and long term.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #15
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
The common answer here seems to be cardio, lifting, diet (not dieting), and a strict regimen. I have taken several biology, anatomy, and physiology classes, and one intense nutrition class geared for the medical profession, and all of these would agree with this common answer. There are few supplements that can do for you what proper nutrition, your own body, and proper exercise cannot. In fact, most supplements, protein especially, can be quite harmful, and none of them work without exercise and proper nutrition.
I have been coaching football and weightlifting for 20+ years. I have a degree in phys Ed as well as a biology degree. As Mario said there is not a supplement that works without exercise and proper diet. Also remember the supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA. Advocare is the only company that submits their products to the FDA. They also have a line that is approved by the NFL and NCAA( this is why they can sponsor a bowl game). I do not sponsor, work for, or use advocare. I just have to be up to date and informed whe kids and parents ask. So please becareful. And good-luck!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #16
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
"HGH works great!"

(signed)
-B*rry B*nds
If you got a least 6 months, not needle adverse, and have a $600 a month budget. Testosterone is more effective and can raise HGH levels as well.

I don't think Bonds used HGH, just steroids? HGH would give him fat loss which it appears did not happen to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
And I stopped drinking beer Sun-Thurs for a year. That was probably the biggest "supplement" I didn't take that did the trick!
Dropping the booze is a big time weight loser! I drew a line in the sand, and the booze stays!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #17
ABNMP619

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I agree cold heartly with Mario here. A couple comments and my here. As a drill sergeant I learned that the biggest part of weight loss was the intake of water. Cut out all soda and replace with juices and water. Staying away from fried foods as well helped a lot of my overweight Soldiers in training. A good work out plan; monitored by a physician, can help as well. Bottomline is this...Don't take any supplements if you do not plan on conducting routine exercise. It will be useless and will cost you tons of money. A light regimen of walking at various degrees of difficulty on a treadmill is an excellent start to getting back in shape.

As for me, my supplements include Ventilean (oral fat burner) and Muscle Tech products (Cell Tech and Nitro Tech). All work very well. You MUST stay hydrated!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #18
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNMP619 View Post
I agree cold heartly with Mario here. A couple comments and my here. As a drill sergeant I learned that the biggest part of weight loss was the intake of water.
How much water do you recommend daily? I have heard 1 oz. water per 1 lb. of body weight from a few people.

A friend of mine was a Marine now Yoga Instructor. He mixes drill sgt. style into his classes.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #19
Knip23
Keep It Simple

First Name: Destrey
Trading: (10)
HUpmann Army (Active)
Knip23 is on a distinguished road

Ok for weightloss, works everytime have had no issues I even perscribe it for my fat body soldiers is.....
TIGHT eXtream (its a thermalgenic fat burner) which means it burns the fat from the inside out. Now while taking it you can eat the same way you have been, and will still drop weight. I went from 198 back down to 165 in about a month. The way you use it is take 1 I mean 1 pill for the first 2 days then the shakyness will stop. After that 2 pills daily untill you reachyour desireed weight. It is the 2nd cousin to meth or atleast you feel like it. It doesn't matter how old you are you will feel 18 again.

Sann.net is where you get Tight from.

Now after that your perfect combo of supplements is

Isopure protien (pure protien)
Halodrol liquidgels
BCAA
NANO 9X Hardcore.

If you have some Q's pm me I can answer all.

Knip.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #20
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Just an fyi.....halodrol is not for beginners and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who hasn't taken a PH before. This is not a smart/safe route to build muscle to anyone who is just starting out. This, like any PH cycle, can get quite harsh. Knip, I hope you are taking liver detox pills as well.