Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro's

So I've heard it thru the grapevine that these are being discontinued. Does anyone know if this is true or not. I've noticed several retailers lowering prices on these to get rid of them for some reason and was wondering if I need to stock up. Not that I need a reason. Just wanna make sure I have enough if they quit making them.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro's

I have heard that too and seems to be the case as my local literally has been blowing these out. Sad as these are fantastic smokes but I guess sales may have plummeted since the whole My Father line was launched. Most of their ad dollars go toward the My Father lines and the original blends have almost been orphaned. I still enjoy the JJs and the Blues although the original Blues(old band) IMO were much better than the newer ones(new band). I too am curious to see how it plays out as I am a little confused why they just recently tweaked the band if they were just going to drop the line anyway. Next time I see the rep I will see if I can get an honest answer out of him.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I might have to stock up...two boxes isn't going to last me.

Last edited by kelmac07; 02-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

This is going to be a shame if true...I will be searching out deals at local B&M's across central PA!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Is it just local B&Ms selling these out or is there online retailers with a clearance price? I haven't seen any significant price drops in the sites that I buy from. These are a favorite of mine and it would be sad to see them dc'd.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'll keep watching for a couple cheap boxes, as well.
The 07's and '08's were spectacular. Once they got popular, they suffered a bit. Still an excellent smoke. I just picked up a box on cbid for around 79 bucks recently.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'll keep watching for a couple cheap boxes, as well.
The 07's and '08's were spectacular. Once they got popular, they suffered a bit. Still an excellent smoke. I just picked up a box on cbid for around 79 bucks recently.
Wow!$79?! I wish I had seen that.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Wow!$79?! I wish I had seen that.
Me too!!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

If anyone knows of any deals on these and doesn't care to buy them, PM me please. The best price on Sublimes I've found is $135 a box.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I got a box of Blue Imperiales for $65 when I got the JJ's. It was a good week.
A couple weeks after Holt's(?) had a sale and I bought two boxes of Camacho Triple Maduros under $100 each. I'm thinking they were $79?
Here's where Holt's Closeouts are listed. When they blow stuff out, they mean business. Usually it's crap, but not always. You just have to check every now and again.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Holt's is where I got my last box. I should have bought 2 or 3 at the time.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
If anyone knows of any deals on these and doesn't care to buy them, PM me please. The best price on Sublimes I've found is $135 a box.
Beli's are $114 at Atlantic and Sublimes are $134.
$134 for Beli's is robbery. I used to pay $235 for them, and they were worth every dime.
For my money, the Beli's are the best of all of them.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
gnbikes
Feeling at Home

First Name: Garry
Trading: (3)
RyJ
gnbikes is on a distinguished road

The JJ Maduro's are discontinued. They are saving the wrapper for the Jamie Garcia line. There are still thousands of them out there, I have been stocking up on them for awhile.
Garry
gnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Thanks Garry. And Scott those are the best prices I could find, the ones you posted from Atlantic.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Might have to grab a box of sublimes and belicoso.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

I better get on the ball before Mac buys them all!!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I need to stock up on these.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Oh sh!t! Looks like I started something.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Don't sweat it, Kev. There's tons out there.
I'm sure someone will blow these out after awhile. I'll probably lay back a couple more boxes, myself. I just did a quickie audit and I probably have enough to last forever, but I'd like one more box of Beli's. They seem to age best and develop caramel goodness the best.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #20
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

I like the Sublimes the best but haven't had a bad one in any vitola.