Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about
Smile The 9th Hawaiian Island (Las Vegas)

Well leaving for what we call the 9th Island Las Vegas on Friday. Meeting up with some family and looking forward to a great time.

I'm sure I will be spending a fair amount of time at Casa Fuente dropping some coin in that place. Any advise on local B&M's in the area?? Not sure what kind of time I will have, so nothing to far away.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The 9th Hawaiian Island (Las Vegas)

Pheasants, Sahara and the I-15
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

To be entirely honest.... bring your own smokes. Unless you're getting decently off the strip you'll be paying far over FMV for your smokes. Although considering how much cigars were running when I was on Maui last year, you might be getting a price break LOL
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
To be entirely honest.... bring your own smokes. Unless you're getting decently off the strip you'll be paying far over FMV for your smokes. Although considering how much cigars were running when I was on Maui last year, you might be getting a price break LOL
Well there is only one real cigar shop on the West side, so I understand, however he did lower is prices a little on Opus in his new location.

Bring a 18 count cigar caddy with my own stuff, thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Haha, you ain't kidding Tyr. I was really ripped one night, stumbled into an ABC and bought a fiver of those Island Prince smokes for a hundred bucks
Old 10-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post
Pheasants

one of our inmates works there, Andrew aka Scottish Smoker. Great place to hang out, nice selection of smokes and an 'In n out' on the same parking lot
Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Haha, you ain't kidding Tyr. I was really ripped one night, stumbled into an ABC and bought a fiver of those Island Prince smokes for a hundred bucks
HAhahahaha! That doesn't surprise me at all bro

Yeah Jay, you're probably better off bringing your own smokes. While Casa Fuente is nice, I really only go there for the drinks and the novelty of smoking in a mall-like setting. Plus its right across from Victoria's Secret.

We traveled the whole island and visited family there but pretty much stayed in Wailuku, Makawao and Lahaina. My nephew even gave me an "Upcountry - Makawao Pride" t-shirt LOL
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sound advice. I always bring a bunch of sticks with me. The only things I buy out there are Casa Fuentes and thats only bc they are my "sipping chamagne in a hot tub, horse back ride on the beach, candle lit dinner...." you get the idea. lol.