Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Cigar shops in Sao Paulo?

I'll be in SP for a few weeks for work. Does anyone know of reputable cigar shops? Ill be staying in the Ibirapuera area. Hopefully work doesn't get to in the way to experience some of the Carnivale celebration.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cigar shops in Sao Paulo?

There are 2 Davidoff stores and a great cigar lounge on the top floor of the Grande Hyatt downtown, I think on Rua Paulista but need to check. The one Davidoff is in the Jardim section.

The duty free store in Guarullos (sp) airport has a good selection of Habanos. It used to be a good deal paying with reals before the dollar took a big dive.

Very cigar friendly city.

Brazil is so much fun, but keep your wits about you as it can be dangerous as a tourist after dark, especially with no Portuguese skills.

If work permits, you really should try to spend at least a couple days in Rio.

Last edited by floydpink; 02-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
There are 2 Davidoff stores and a great cigar lounge on the top floor of the Grande Hyatt downtown, I think on Rua Paulista but need to check. The one Davidoff is in the Jardim section.

The duty free store in Guarullos (sp) airport has a good selection of Habanos. It used to be a good deal paying with reals before the dollar took a big dive.

Very cigar friendly city.

Brazil is so much fun, but keep your wits about you as it can be dangerous as a tourist after dark, especially with no Portuguese skills.

If work permits, you really should try to spend at least a couple days in Rio.
Thanks for the info Taki. Unfortunately Rio is out, unless I want to pay for it (which I don't).
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Just looked on google maps and found a Davidoff shop not that far from the hotel, on Rua Normandia. Looks to be less than 1km away. There's also a LCDH even closer. I'm liking this.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Only problem about Sao Paulo is with traffic, a km can take a week to travel!

The sheer size of the city is amazing.