Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Buddy Does An Inspirational Daily Text Message...

My buddy is a pirate. He's an entertainer, played with Hank Jr., The Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, the list goes on.
He's also a preacher. He married me and Weeze in full pirate regalia. The pirate bit is from living down in the Keys and working the pirate boats for tourists. He's still playing music, Myrtle Beach now, and still does his pirate gid from time to time. He was a pirate on the 3rd Johnny Depp pirate movie, too.

Back to the preacher thing...
He sends out a daily text message with a bit of scripture, a short message, and a prayer for the day. They're actually very good, too.
The goof types all this out on his iphone and texts it to everyone individually. I've tried to bring him up to speed, but it's like talking to a stick.
I can make fun of him because he's my brother. My wingman and my go to guy that'll set me straight.

Anyways...
If anyone would like to get on his text list, just pm me your number and I'll text it to him. If you want removed, just ask. If you need to talk to a preacher right this minute, send him a text or ring him up.
He's the iphone preacher pirate. Really. And he's a hoot.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: My Buddy Does An Inspirational Daily Text Message...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KAwFPxpGGY

Thanks, Scott.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Sounds like an awesome guy Scott. I might just do it.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Weeze says Ry Cooder plays an awesome slide guitar, Thomas.
This is gonna cost me some time.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Weeze says Ry Cooder plays an awesome slide guitar, Thomas.
This is gonna cost me some time.
Time well spent, brother, IMHO. Ry's one of my favorites. Aside from Paradise And Lunch album, check out Into The Purple Valley, Chicken Skin Music, and Bop Till You Drop.

End of pirating thread now. Back to our regular programming.