Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #3021
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Hey Adam, how long do you smoke the chuck roast and what temp do you shoot for? Never done one of those, but your's looks awesome too. Thanks. Steve
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #3022
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Thanks guys. Like you gator, it's one of my favorites too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez View Post
Hey Adam, how long do you smoke the chuck roast and what temp do you shoot for? Never done one of those, but your's looks awesome too. Thanks. Steve
Steve, they're easy, I do them exactly the same as if I were cooking a pork butt.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #3023
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Thanks guys. Like you gator, it's one of my favorites too.

Steve, they're easy, I do them exactly the same as if I were cooking a pork butt.
Me too!!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #3024
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez View Post
That briskett looks awesome Jeff. I haven't smoked one since Christmas and it was an overwhelming success. My new favorite. I do have to say I am now intrigued by the Chuck roast. Never done one, but that too looks incredible. Thanks and let us know how your briskett turned out.
Thanks Steve, it was good, not my best, I think it was the rub I used, wasn't the best one I've used. My mom and in-laws and family loved it, so I won't complain to much.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #3025
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Tonight I am gonna cook out some lamb chops, chicken legs, chicken wings and beef ribs. I am never going to lose
any weight, I guess.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #3026
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

(2) 8lb Boston butts right now. hovering at 209*. Need it to stay there +- 1* for an hour before I go to bed.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #3027
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Last Sunday's smoke was an 8 pound pork loin. Apple and cherry wood smoked. We ate half, drank a ton of booze, and went to sleep. Woke up in the morning to find out my brother's dog somehow got a hold of the other half. I'm still pissed about it lol.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #3028
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Just finished prepping nine racks of ribs for today's herf. Also putting on about five lbs of my homemade sausage for snacking.

I'll try to take some pics...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #3029
pnoon
YNWA

Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Just finished prepping nine racks of ribs for today's herf. Also putting on about five lbs of my homemade sausage for snacking.

If you are willing to share, Brent, please post a recipe or two of your homemade sausage. I have just begun getting into home sausage making and I would love to hear from a veteran.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #3030
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:

I can already smell the yum!

I'm going to be cooking for the church in a couple of weeks, and I just recieved some nice venison, so I think some deer sausage may be in order!

Last edited by Steve; 03-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #3031
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Meal for the gf, kids and I tonight. Went on a while ago. A couple small chunks of Texas style beef ribs and a chuck roast:

Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #3032
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
If you are willing to share, Brent, please post a recipe or two of your homemade sausage. I have just begun getting into home sausage making and I would love to hear from a veteran.
I really don't have a recipe... that being said what I do is really simple and if tonight is any indication it doesn't suck. (I had a bunch over for a herf tonight and the ate about 5 pounds of sausage like it was candy).

I use pork butts or whole shoulders, natural casings, and Leggs Hot seasoning. Leggs is available at any mom and pop butcher around here, but it is also available online. I use is a little heavier than the recipes calls for because I like my sausage a little spicier.

Once you stuff it, let it sit out a little to sweat. Then smoke it on about 150 heat until it is about 145 internal. Then I seal a meal it and use it whenever I need to. All you have to do is heat is up.

As I said tonight... I hate making sausage, but I sure do like eating it
Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #3033
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
I really don't have a recipe... that being said what I do is really simple and if tonight is any indication it doesn't suck. (I had a bunch over for a herf tonight and the ate about 5 pounds of sausage like it was candy).

I use pork butts or whole shoulders, natural casings, and Leggs Hot seasoning. Leggs is available at any mom and pop butcher around here, but it is also available online. I use is a little heavier than the recipes calls for because I like my sausage a little spicier.

Once you stuff it, let it sit out a little to sweat. Then smoke it on about 150 heat until it is about 145 internal. Then I seal a meal it and use it whenever I need to. All you have to do is heat is up.

As I said tonight... I hate making sausage, but I sure do like eating it
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #3034
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

No pics from my weekend smoke out. I need to promise myself not to get the big chicken legs again.
They seem to be a specialty of el supermercado, but they are too big to smoke and enjoy. I'd hate to
see these chickens that give up these legs. The beef ribs were the best I have done, and the wings were
phenomenal. I ran out of heat when I was in the middle of cooking my lamb chops, so I ended up finishing them
in the broiler inside....superb, dredged in olive oil, balsamic vineagar, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper then
seared on a hot grill. Super sweet and tasty.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #3035
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

For once, the weathermen were right. The break in the rain came through last night as predicted, so I had both smokers fired up. Lox (sockeye) in the cold smoker and home made pastrami in the coal burner.

9 days was too long of a cure on the pastrami, at least for me, came out kind of salty for my tastes, but it doesn't seem to bother some others. I think next time, I'll cut it back to about 4-5 days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar26_SAM_1771.jpg (86.3 KB, 727 views)
File Type: jpg mar26_SAM_1773.jpg (56.3 KB, 738 views)
File Type: jpg mar26_SAM_1782.jpg (88.0 KB, 734 views)
File Type: jpg mar26_SAM_1786.jpg (90.8 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg mar26_SAM_1789.jpg (80.4 KB, 734 views)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #3036
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Looks great, Adam. My poor smoker has been sitting unattended since the move. I think I will fire that bad boy up this weekend. I will either do a butt or a chuckie, just depends on how I feel at Sam's Club on Friday.
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #3037
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I had both smokers fired up. Lox (sockeye) in the cold smoker and home made pastrami in the coal burner...
Looks Adam...

Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #3038
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Time for me to cure and smoke some salmon again this weekend.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #3039
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

After stewing for months that I packed my smoker away for a winter that never showed,
I pulled it out of the shed a few weeks ago, ordered 400 lbs of pellets, and prepared to get my BBQ season underway.
Since then, I've been sick 2 weekends, away for 2, and this weekend looks like rain both days.
I guess I'll have to wait for Easter, when I plan on smoking a turkey.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #3040
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

Most recent cook was 5 racks of ribs, i did a raspberry chipotle sauce with my own basic rub...Wife made some roasted potatoes, and my sister law made roasted broccoli which was awesome... everyone was very pleased...

nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote