Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default La Flor Dominicana Ligero Mysterio

I started my week off with the DC Anny yesterday so I figured I would just keep this week going with another great cigar... I've never seen such an interesting looking cigar before.

Size: 7X54 Perfecto shaped
Sumatra binder
Nicaraguan wrapper
Dominican filler
*the foot and head are tipped with Connecticut broad leaf maduro tobacco*

Prelight: Beautiful/interesting looking stick. Little to no veins, very smooth with light oils. I wanted to bite the head off but I figured that was too barbaric so I just used my cutter.

First Third:
Taking the first few puffs of this stick, I found this stick to be very tasty, notes of coffee, cream and a bit spicy but not overwhelming. The draw to this stick is just perfect, giving out a good amount of smoke. I think the small maduro strip on the foot gave it that sweet coffee taste, once that strip was gone, that's when I noticed the spice in the back of my throat.

Second Third:
I hardly can taste that sweet taste anymore...boo! I am starting to taste the spice from the ligero but the creamy smoothness is still there. I'm very impressed with the great blend of this cigar. Although the ligero is giving this cigar it's spice, it's not overwhelming whatsoever. With every puff I take of this cigar, I'm getting hints of espresso and variety nuts. This cigar continues to burn very even, with decent amount of smoke, haven't had to do any touch-ups.

Screw the last third, I'm just going to enjoy this cigar:
So far so great, I have no complaints about this cigar. The burn continues to be very even, while the draw continues to give out the perfect amount of smoke. The blend is very balanced out, I find this cigar to be more on the medium bodied smoke rather then the full bodied smoke that most people say. Overall I would very much recommend this cigar. If you had the any cigars for the Lito Gomez line, I think you would very much appreciate this cigar. Enjoy the pics and review guys.

Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote