Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
Gooner
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Chris
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Gooner is on a distinguished road
Default More cheap cigars: Consuegra Superiore #17 (EMS)

(Sorry for the crappy iphone pics!)

I love these cigars, they are great "yard 'gars". I purchased a bunch of bundles of these in EMS and Maddie in 2010. When I received them, the cello was already yellow which tells me that either they are using off-yellow cello now or these smokes have been sleeping in the warehouse for a few years.
As the old Usenet saying goes: "You have to age Connies for at least a year", which I fully agree.

The cigar:

Consuegra Superiore #17 (EMS)

Size: 5.62 X 47
Wrapper: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras/Nicaragua/Dominican Republic
Shape: Parejo
Price: $28.95 for bundle of 25

Pre-Light:
Firm cigar and not very pretty but even the ugly ones need loving from time to time. Easy draw from the punch and the foot has a barnyard smell.

1st Third:
Loads of cedar on the first puffs. Not a ton of smoke but thats ok and fairly smooth (due to age?). It's a medium body smoke and doesn't shine in the in your face flavor. This would make a good morning smoke for some.

2nd Third:
One dimensional but thats ok, its a $1 smoke. Cedar still in the front flavor but getting little hints of roasted nuts. Burn is good and fairly straight.

Last Third:
Pretty much still the same flavor but a little more intense. The roasted nut flavor is gone and still coming strong with cedar.

Conclusion:
This is a winner in my book. I've ordered a ton of Consuegra bundles and so far the #9 and #17 have been the best. I ordered the #84 Maddie and they were a bust. I may have gotten lucky getting bundles that were already aged and from time to time, I do smoke a dud but overall, these are just awesome cheap "Yard 'gars".
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: More cheap cigars: Consuegra Superiore #17 (EMS)

Thanks Chris, nice review!