Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Man O War corona

The Man O War is a creation by AJ Fernandez, who used to be an apprentice of the godfather of tobacco, Alejandro Robaina. Fernandez left Cuba and started to work his magic for others like Rocky Patel and is creating his own cigars now like this Man O War, Reposado, Nica Libre and Diesel Unholy Cocktail, but he is also responsible for the Rocky Patel Fusion, ITC and Padilla Habano blends.

This 6 x 44 Corona has a nice silky wrapper with some tough looking veins. The construction feels good and the cigar has a strong barnyard aroma. The predraw is good and tastes peppery. Just by wetting the cap before punching it, I got a peppery flavor on my lips.

I taste wood, espresso and pepper, all quite strong. The espresso disappears and I am left with a bit of wood and a lot of pepper. After two inch I get some chocolate on the background and the flavors become less spicy.

Halfway the wood and pepper lose the chocolate but get accompanied by some nuts and earthy tones a bit later. At the ⅔ mark the nuts disappear too but the earthy tones stick with the wood and pepper.

I got a lot of thick smoke from this cigar. The compact ash is almost white and the burn is good. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored, but that seems to be a AJ Fernandez signature.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a very nice cigar and they are on sale at the daily deal sites regularly.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10