Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Condo Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I would be careful with the lease he has you sign however, since his standard lease is probably geared towards short term tenants rather than year long. Be sure you read through it and make sure that everything is geared towards longer term tenancy.
Make sure it is your state standard tennant lease as he mentions above. Pay great attention to any addendums to the lease. If you are paying a security deposit, make sure it is spelled out what it can be used for. I suggest taking a video camera scan of the whole apartment before you move in. Get the all the carpets, kitchen area, bathrooms and ceiling. Make spoken notes on any damage, no matter how small.

You mentioned earlier that there was no smoking or a $500 cleaning fee. That is less than $50 a month to smoke inside; I would do it.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #22
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Make sure it is your state standard tennant lease as he mentions above. Pay great attention to any addendums to the lease. If you are paying a security deposit, make sure it is spelled out what it can be used for. I suggest taking a video camera scan of the whole apartment before you move in. Get the all the carpets, kitchen area, bathrooms and ceiling. Make spoken notes on any damage, no matter how small.

You mentioned earlier that there was no smoking or a $500 cleaning fee. That is less than $50 a month to smoke inside; I would do it.
Thanks for the tips, if I end up doing it I will look it over and if I have questions I will ask you guys, you seem to know what your talking about. As for the smoking, I would have two patios overlooking the green so I would probably smoke outside, I have never had the luxury of smoking indoors so thats no biggie to me.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #23
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post

In my opinion, state standard leases suck, but then again I am speaking from an owners perspective. But do read about the deposit, sometimes it can be used to cover cleaning, sometimes only damages. Make sure you know whether it is completely refundable or if some of it is already kept for cleaning.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Thanks again for everyone's help. I was going to take the condo when I found a new place which I have accepted. They were trying to sell it but due to the bad market have been unable to sell so they agreed to rent it out to me for 6 months and then an option to renew. Its fully furnished, 1200 sf, 2 bedrooms. All utilities included, only thing I have to pay for is cable/internet.

Windermere.com under MLS #29167090
Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #25
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Thanks again for everyone's help. I was going to take the condo when I found a new place which I have accepted. They were trying to sell it but due to the bad market have been unable to sell so they agreed to rent it out to me for 6 months and then an option to renew. Its fully furnished, 1200 sf, 2 bedrooms. All utilities included, only thing I have to pay for is cable/internet.

Windermere.com under MLS #29167090
Sounds like a very nice find. The same applies for the lease, be sure to look it over carefully and how and what the deposit can be used for.