Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about
Default Shipping concerns

My weekly shipment from the infamous devil site shows it was shipped on 5/03/12 and is due for arrival 5/08/12. Nothing unusual there, but no package has arrived yet. I check the tracking and see that the train carrying my package has derailed in Illinois.

I'm not upset with anyone and I pray nobody was injured. I called UPS and cigarbid to check on the status and I'm told by both parties that there is no way of telling when I should get my shipment.

Now I didn't want to seem like an A-hole on the phone so I replied to both I would check back later. Should I be concerned about my cigars being dried out and worthless if I don't get them soon.

I was told by customer service at X-bid that if I didn't receive them by Monday that they would refund shipping, but a $12 credit really wouldn't smooth things over if my 117 cigars were dried and tasteless when I get them.
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Shipping concerns

I have had it show up a day or two late without explanation.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I have had it show up a day or two late without explanation.
Huh? he just explained that the train derailed...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

depends on how long they take to get to you.

Some of the cigar passes take a couple months and those cigars are sometimes not humidified.

On a side note, my last order from them did have a water pillow in it.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

That is a lot of work and worry about cigars that are a day or 2 late?

...and I wouldn't be worried about them being dry or tasteless(assuming they were tasty cigars)....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
TJarv
In it to win it

HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
That is a lot of work and worry about cigars that are a day or 2 late?

...and I wouldn't be worried about them being dry or tasteless(assuming they were tasty cigars)....
I'm concerned bc they haven't moved in 4 days
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Huh? he just explained that the train derailed...
I misread, I thought he was checking to see if it derailed. I mistook seriousness as cynicism.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Most (not all) of their stuff is shipped on the "wet" side. I wouldn't be too concerned for at least another few days.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
Most (not all) of their stuff is shipped on the "wet" side. I wouldn't be too concerned for at least another few days.
Agreed anything I get from them I have rest in my humi for at least a couple weeks before lighting up
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Cigars are not as fragile and delicate as you would think. I wouldn't worry about them being too dried out unless they spent a much longer time and in significant heat. I have had plenty of packages that sat in transit for 3 weeks or more and they have never appeared too dried out. Also CIs customer service is easy to deal with and if they arrived unsmokable I would imagine they would make you whole.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I bet it'll take way over a month before your cigars are dried out, even a little. Most are shipped over humidified and are well packaged in general.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed with Moses and Albert. You don't have anything to worry about, even if they're in the mail for weeks. It's not as if CI throws them in the bottom of a cardboard box, they're wrapped in cellophane (or ziplocks) and will keep well for a good period of time even in extreme conditions.
Don't sweat it, brother.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Crownedone
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Stephen
Trading: (0)
Crownedone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I bet it'll take way over a month before your cigars are dried out, even a little. Most are shipped over humidified and are well packaged in general.
I strongly agree, I purchase large amounts from the devils site and have never had a cigar come in any where near dry. 99% are not even smokable until they have time to dry out. I have some that tooks 3-4 months to dry out. Keep the faith brother, cbid will always treat you right.
Crownedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I would wait and see what happens. If they do not show up at all within a week or so then I would request that Cbid reship or issue a full credit. If they show up and are damaged or dry then you can again ask Cbid to reship.

If they do not arrive or arrive damaged or dry and Cbid does not cover the loss (which would be surprising) you can always dispute the credit card charges with your credit card company...

Worrying won't solve anything; just give the whole process some time. In al likelihood as others have said your cigars will be fine if they arrive.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Cigars are not as fragile and delicate as you would think. I wouldn't worry about them being too dried out unless they spent a much longer time and in significant heat. I have had plenty of packages that sat in transit for 3 weeks or more and they have never appeared too dried out. Also CIs customer service is easy to deal with and if they arrived unsmokable I would imagine they would make you whole.
This.

Chill with a cigar, it will be OK.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
kfed82

TJarv,

I have a package on the train as well (not cigar related). So far they've told me that they're still going through the packages to see which are damaged, but haven't given any kind of ETA as to when they might be delivered.

I suggest tweeting @UPSHelp if you use Twitter and explaining your frustration / asking for an ETA. Maybe if enough people do it they won't keep giving the runaround...
Old 05-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news has been stated above...if the sticks are received damaged, CI customer service will take good care of you.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfed82 View Post
TJarv,

I have a package on the train as well (not cigar related). So far they've told me that they're still going through the packages to see which are damaged, but haven't given any kind of ETA as to when they might be delivered.

I suggest tweeting @UPSHelp if you use Twitter and explaining your frustration / asking for an ETA. Maybe if enough people do it they won't keep giving the runaround...
"The train has derailed, but I want an ETA on my package now!"

What a world.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
TJarv
In it to win it

HUpmann

Last edited by TJarv; 05-09-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Trying to be polite
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote: