Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all
Default CAO La Traviata

Full bodied smoke (Habano)....well constructed cigar 5X50, first taste after lighting were spicy but over the top.....ash was light gray and held for about an inch before needing to be ashed.....med rolled and cool smoke.....aroma was pleasant and not over bearing.....pleasent to nub.....finished well and was consistent from start to finish
cigar gifted by Duque Cigars (Tom) to try before they hit the market

Press Release:

New CAO Cigar Harkens Back To Pre-Nationalization Havana

Nashville, July 29, 2009: CAO, one of the world’s foremost premium cigar manufacturers, announced today that it will debut its CAO La Traviata cigar brand at the IPCPR 77th Annual Convention and International Trade Show in New Orleans August 8-12.

The La Traviata brand began its life at the turn of the 20th Century in Cuba or, more precisely, in the Tabacalera Cubana, Agramonte no. 106, in Havana. Over 100 years later, CAO has resurrected the La Traviata name, abiding closely to its original Cuban roots in presentation and taste. CAO La Traviata is a full-bodied, full-flavored cigar that combines an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper with a Cameroon binder and incorporates two different ligero filler tobaccos from the Pueblo Nuevo farm in Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. “The inspiration for La Traviata came from smoking numerous classic Cuban cigars,” said CAO President Tim Ozgener. “We wanted to create a cigar that appealed to sight, smell, and taste. The oily sheen of the Ecuadorian wrapper compels you to pick it up. The pre-light has a distinct pepper and leather nose. The flavor bombards the palate with intense, rich notes of cedar, anise, and leather, evolving along the way into a lush and creamy finish. We’ve also stayed true to the original La Traviata vista and artwork circa 1901-1904.”

Packaged in 24-count boxes, CAO La Traviata will be available in three shapes: Divino (5″ x 50), Radiante (6″ x 52), and Intrépido (7″ x 54), and will have a suggested retail price range of $4.95 to $5.75 per cigar.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
tooomanycolors
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (11)
Bolivar
tooomanycolors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAO La Traviata

smoked one from the show...pass just like everything else Ive had out of CAO
Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks for the review.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Simply operatic!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
SkinsFanLarry

I'd like to try one myself....I wonder if it's the same ligero they are using in the LX2?