Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

Trading: (7)
SLR
livwire68 is on a distinguished road
Default Jeep advice

I am looking at getting a 1997-2002 Jeep wrangler. I seen one on craigs list that seemed perfect but was a 4 cyl. I want at least a 6 cyl. Is there anything I should watch out for in these years. Also has anyone done the chevy 350 engine conversion with any of the years or engines (4 cyl. or 6 cyl) What was the costs. Its been about 10 years since I have had a jeep and at that I only had it for less than a year, damn newborns ! Part of my intentions are also to eventually build it and in 6 years pass it on to my Son. Part of the problem is I only seem to keep my vehicle for around 3 years. I think with the jeep it wont be a big deal to keep they should be easy (for the most part ) to fix and tons of parts for them. I am limited to $10,000 or less, by choice. I have never been with out a truck pretty much since I have been able to drive. I do have a trailer 16' tandem axel which I am sure the jeep will pull fine around town but not in the hills or longer trips.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jeep advice

I have had a 98 and currently have 2000, may want to watch out for cracked header (not sure which years) and rear main seal leak is pretty common. If you need good info check out the link below, they are a very helpful group! Oh and you will want the D44 axle if you can get it.

http://www.jeepforums.com
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote