Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #101
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

Just wanted to get it clear and not mislead people into thinking there's potential for tax deductions here.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #102
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
Just wanted to get it clear and not mislead people into thinking there's potential for tax deductions here.
you are also getting something in return, which voids the deduction to begin with
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #103
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

I love Tats and I enjoy my LE Tats as much as anyone, but I'd prefer to spend my $150/year on cigars of my choosing and keep up with Tat news through the already-existing channels. I won't be signing on to this.

Quote:
. . .
Your username is highly pertinent to this discussion.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #104
Cornrow_Wallis
<insert user title>

First Name: Rob
Trading: (8)
Cornrow_Wallis is on a distinguished road

So I guess you get a different sampler for every year you renew the membership as well?
Cornrow_Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #105
thecatch83

Quote:
I was being facetious.........
Old 04-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #106
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscmit View Post
you are also getting something in return, which voids the deduction to begin with
Actually, it only voids the deduction up to the market value of the good/service received. IE - if you buy a $2,000 car (market value determined from Kelly's blue book in this scenario) for $90,000 at a Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness event, you could deduct $88,000 as a Charitable Contribution (assuming SGKBCA is a 401(c)(3) corporation).

Of course, in this scenario with Tatuaje, I can assure you the Market Value of the sampler + swag that is being tossed around would be accepted as more than $150

But back on topic - I doubt I'll pick this up. I like the Tat LEs if I can find them, but I gave up actively pursuing them a while ago. Now I have to see them in the WTS section or in my local B&M to care
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Apoco; 04-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #107
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Internet Explorer???
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #108
DoctaJ
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (5)
DoctaJ is on a distinguished road

Is there any way to get signed up if you didn't get the e-mail? I just went to Tat's homepage and put my email address in, but I kind of want to get in with the first crack if possible
DoctaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #109
tx_tuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaJ View Post
Is there any way to get signed up if you didn't get the e-mail? I just went to Tat's homepage and put my email address in, but I kind of want to get in with the first crack if possible
The link to sign up

http://thesnsclub.com/sns/sns.php
Old 04-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #110
tx_tuff

When I first got the email I was concerned with the price tag and the email not really saying what you are getting as far as cigars and swag. I went to the forum that Pete posts on reg and searched the Saints & Sinners thread there to see what all was said. Pete say's in the open forum that included in the price is 15 cigars, a mix of reg line, exclusive, and prototype cigars. Also have read including in this thread guys that have talked to Pete and also included is swag. Everything from hat and shirt to a hoodie?

If you like Tatuaje cigars then it is prob worth the money to join and get the cigars alone with the other perks. If your not a fan then of course it is not worth it to you. And if Pete says in a open forum that 15 cigars are included then I take his word on that. You can pay yet anyway at this time. The whole purpose of signing up now is so they will have an idea of how many cigars they will need on hand to send out to members.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #111
DoctaJ
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (5)
DoctaJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
DoctaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #112
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I signed up so I can bask in the glory that is the Saints and Sinners lifestyle. I feel sexy.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #113
xxx_busa
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Mark
Trading: (0)
VR MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
xxx_busa is on a distinguished road

This thread, I just dont get it, Must be time for the Lunch stogie
xxx_busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #114
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

So does enrolling in this club give you automatic access to the bitch & lovers club or the child & mothers club? If so, Meredith Brooks is in.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #115
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Did anyone else read that kind of like the promises and premises of the owner of a random cigar forum to remain nameless?

Obviously there will be plenty of people who buy into the 'Saint and Sinner Lifestyle', but spending money to be a member of an exclusive cult errrr club won't be for most.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #116
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Did anyone else read that kind of like the promises and premises of the owner of a random cigar forum to remain nameless?

Obviously there will be plenty of people who buy into the 'Saint and Sinner Lifestyle', but spending money to be a member of an exclusive cult errrr club won't be for most.

Precisely why I'm interested........what's the impetus behind joining an exclusive club with no exclusivity
Old 04-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #117
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
[/u]

Precisely why I'm interested........what's the impetus behind joining an exclusive club with no exclusivity
I read it as being a lot less exclusive than people are making it out to be. 5% off Tatuaje hats, Pete youtube videos and being able to buy samplers the week before everyone else is hardly worth it to me. I highly doubt that he will be rolling exclusive blends for the 'club' or having people weighing in on the next cigars to blend. If it gives you the impression of being closer to the man and that you are in the inner circle, then I guess the 'exclusivity' is yours.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #118
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone that wants to join my inner circle can enter any time you want. Just stop over and we'll have a cup of coffee and you can smoke any of my exclusive cigars you like. There's a very good chance I'll send you away with a new member fiver, too.
If you like, you can watch my youtube videos and join my facebook. You can even have dinner with us. If I have something you truly need, I'll be happy to give you 100% off on it, and you won't ever have to renew your membership.
If you're coming through and need somewhere to stay, we'll make room for you.
We'll have a real good time, and you won't have to have signed up in advance.
I mean that from the bottom of my heart, and I'd venture to guess that a very large portion, if not all the botl's here express the same sentiment.

I think that's why this whole "exclusive saints and sinners lifestyle" thing tends to rub the wrong way. In my book, as brothers, we are all equal, and are to love each other to the very best of our ability every day. We see it happening here every day.
If anyone wonders "why the animosity?", there ya have it.
I hope to think no one is truly upset, and I don't think anyone is, it's just a departure from the brotherly aspect of what we do, and that can't be denied.
It's probably a bit "cookie-jar-ish". When has someone taken enough from the community that he's overstepped some heartfelt line?
I think Pete, albeit a good natured, nice and decent guy, stepped right over that line with this one. I'm guessing a lot of the brothers feel exactly the same way. It's upsetting, and it's disappointing.
I personally feel he's gone from BOTL to Thompson's Cigars with this move, which is okay if that's what he wants, but I somehow feel both alienated and less than worthy of his presence.
And I don't like it.
Despite that, I wish him the best, and I wish him all I'd want for myself and my family, plus a whole lot more.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #119
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Anyone that wants to join my inner circle can enter any time you want. Just stop over and we'll have a cup of coffee and you can smoke any of my exclusive cigars you like. There's a very good chance I'll send you away with a new member fiver, too.
If you like, you can watch my youtube videos and join my facebook. You can even have dinner with us. If I have something you truly need, I'll be happy to give you 100% off on it, and you won't ever have to renew your membership.
If you're coming through and need somewhere to stay, we'll make room for you.
We'll have a real good time, and you won't have to have signed up in advance.
I mean that from the bottom of my heart, and I'd venture to guess that a very large portion, if not all the botl's here express the same sentiment.

I think that's why this whole "exclusive saints and sinners lifestyle" thing tends to rub the wrong way. In my book, as brothers, we are all equal, and are to love each other to the very best of our ability every day. We see it happening here every day.
If anyone wonders "why the animosity?", there ya have it.
I hope to think no one is truly upset, and I don't think anyone is, it's just a departure from the brotherly aspect of what we do, and that can't be denied.
It's probably a bit "cookie-jar-ish". When has someone taken enough from the community that he's overstepped some heartfelt line?
I think Pete, albeit a good natured, nice and decent guy, stepped right over that line with this one. I'm guessing a lot of the brothers feel exactly the same way. It's upsetting, and it's disappointing.
I personally feel he's gone from BOTL to Thompson's Cigars with this move, which is okay if that's what he wants, but I somehow feel both alienated and less than worthy of his presence.
And I don't like it.
Despite that, I wish him the best, and I wish him all I'd want for myself and my family, plus a whole lot more.

great post scott
100% agree
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #120
twenty5
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (14)
Montecristo
twenty5 is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people are reading too far into this.

Think of it like buying a 15ct box of cigars at an event, so swag is included. This "club" is open to everyone and there is no limit to the amount of people that can join. Renew next year if you want the new 15ct sampler.

Some people just like to suck the fun out of everything..
twenty5 is offline   Reply With Quote