Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Opinion: New NCAA Hoops Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
It's been a while since I watched it...crazy stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ
Truly a classic, with a Hall Of Fame coach going off on a Hall Of Infame one.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

What with four big-name teams kicking it off Monday night - Pitt, Illinois, Maryland, and Texas - I'm gonna need to do the same soon . . . or can it altogether. So it's down to crunch time for your , or your .
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Practices have begun officially all over the nation and the pre-season polls are starting to be formulated, so it's decision time again: Yea, or nay?

Keep in mind, with the potential for a lost NBA season, this might be the only hoops you'll get this year. Maybe a few more of you will start to pay attention to the college game BEFORE March Madness.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #24
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

I definitely say yes. If it's too much work for you to do write ups on almost every game like you did last year maybe you could leave it a little more open discussion like the NHL thread. But either way I would definitely be happy to see a place on here with some good college hoops talk.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #25
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

John, I rarely minded the work (except when I lost whole postings ), and I always encouraged and welcomed input from anyone. Sadly, too few felt moved to do so, at least during the course of the regular season.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
J.....I always encouraged and welcomed input from anyone. Sadly, too few felt moved to do so, at least during the course of the regular season.
Thomas,

I enjoyed following the thread. I didn't comment (except a few snipes) because I visited to catch up and get your take on the games. You pretty much said it all.

That said: don't feel obligated to do it, but if you do I'll read and not comment again.

Now, how about ECU Football. (only team I know of having a worse season than the Pack)
Old 10-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I vote "yes".

I wish some of the other threads were put up to a vote first.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #28
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Thomas,

I enjoyed following the thread. I didn't comment (except a few snipes) because I visited to catch up and get your take on the games. You pretty much said it all.

That said: don't feel obligated to do it, but if you do I'll read and not comment again.

Now, how about ECU Football. (only team I know of having a worse season than the Pack)
Thanks, Jerry. I enjoy doing the thread, and fool myself that I know the college game a little bit. And I'd welcome your comments, even your snipes! Besides, the Pack might have a decent season for their new coach, since they've got some talent . . . and more due next year.

EzyTzy football? Considering who've they've played (Gamecocks, Hokies, and my Heels), I'm not sure what one might expect from them. As for your Pack, I'd say bring back Roman Gabriel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I vote "yes".

I wish some of the other threads were put up to a vote first.

I know what you mean. Yet many of those "some others" so quickly disappear into the ozone, what difference does it make?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #29
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Any input on this from the weekday workday crowd?
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #30
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Do it!!!!!!!

Already news to post. Midnight Madness has occurred. Texas A&M may not have their new coach, who was my MSU Racers old coach. Kennedy out with undisclosed health issue, and I hope he is okay.

I'm wondering how all this conference "re-alignment" that is going on, with a lot of the focus now because of football, is going to affect the B'ball landscape???
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #31
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

I am all about it!!!! All I can say is....

Let's Go Let's Go Let's Go
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #32
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Do it!!!!!!!

Already news to post. Midnight Madness has occurred. Texas A&M may not have their new coach, who was my MSU Racers old coach. Kennedy out with undisclosed health issue, and I hope he is okay.

I'm wondering how all this conference "re-alignment" that is going on, with a lot of the focus now because of football, is going to affect the B'ball landscape???
OK, Paducah Joe, maybe I will. Too bad about Kennedy. Yet from what I've heard, it might be a good thing to sit out a year until A&M figures out what the #^@& they are doing. As for re-alignment, I expect it will take a year or three before we see what shakes out there. Speaking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
I am all about it!!!! All I can say is....

Let's Go Let's Go Let's Go

They are going . . . to my ACC.