Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
Ace$nyper

Default Re: It's happening

Feels ironic seeing this again, stuff like this just happened with the other forum site I'm on.

It was a lot uglier and just ... real nasty all over, still not done though.

All breaks down members make a site. Not that I ever had problems on the other site, this site has a lot warmer feel, as I'm getting to know everyone more I feel more welcome and equal here .

Old 01-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
Yazzie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mark
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
Yazzie will become famous soon enough

Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is just getting off the ground, what is with this claim.... Quote from the website of puff.com

"We are the largest online cigar network on the internet with over 50,000 unique visitors per day (Google Analytics)."
Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazzie View Post
What is this "Post Whoring" you refer to
Yeah none of us Massholes know nothing about that, adopted, honorary or otherwise.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #24
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is just getting off the ground, what is with this claim.... Quote from the website of puff.com

"We are the largest online cigar network on the internet with over 50,000 unique visitors per day (Google Analytics)."
Fluff for Puff, my man.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #25
Tenor CS
Feeling Better!

First Name: Christian
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Tenor CS will become famous soon enoughTenor CS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I am sure Jon will be making up SN's and posting "Hi, New guy from ......" Threads for quite some time.
That would explain all of the "Hey, it's almost my birthday, let me post a countdown" and "Boo hoo, I'm only 18, and CI says I need to be 21 to order" posts. I was so darn sick of those! I thought cigars were for grown-ups, which in my mind, is not just a number, but also a mindset. If your post contains the phrase, "My mom won't let me [fill in the blank]" maybe you should wait a while before you pursue this great hobby.

RIP, Club Stogie. It was there that I met all of the people that I got to meet in person at the Epic Ybor Herf, as well as the Florida guys that I have herfed with in person, and the Tulip Twins, who I hope to meet in person soon.

I remember, ChasDen gave me my first bomb, and my trades with Savor the Stick, gnukfu, and Alley00p. And Bao kicked my a$$ thoroughly too!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

Sounds like an online version of Mr. Marvin Shanken

Last edited by chippewastud79; 01-11-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added the full quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I am so glad we have this place. Thanks team of 11!
Thank God the Team of 11 gave us a new home.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Inhale Life everyone!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #29
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogs View Post
A huge thanx....after checking out the "Puff Lifestyle" ("the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars.") I don't think I'll fit in as a grad student with my sweet Tercel and Timex watch (I still think they are hot and insane).
Old 01-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #30
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What is this "Post Whoring" you refer to
I too am curious. Please tell me more . . .
Old 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #31
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Thats called post whoring. Also see: Elderboy02
Thats Mr. Postwhore
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
I too am curious. Please tell me more . . .
A few of us had a discussion on this topic recently while herfing on Skype and determined that since 'whoring' implied getting paid, we are more accurately post sluts.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #33
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
Inhale Life everyone!
Now that was funny!

Fellers, I haven't been around as long as a lot of you guys and I certainly appreciate your frustration with all that happened. But I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think that the things we appreciated at the original CS are now gone forever and maybe even a little sad that you've completely written off the place and are looking forward to its demise. I think it makes complete sense to be concerned when your 'home' is (I wouldn't say taken away from you but) 'changed' but that's just my and well, what do I know. I've been anxious though, like you guys, to see the change. It'll be an interesting week! Oh, and don't get me wrong, I love CA and all that the Amazing 11 have done to create this great place.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

I feel like the "Pimp Stick" is going to be the #1 cigar on Puff.com. Based on what I'm seeing so far, I have no desire to be a part of that site any longer. The spirit and feel of CS definitely faded when everyone left, but the PUff.com "feel" so far seems totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
A few of us had a discussion on this topic recently while herfing on Skype and determined that since 'whoring' implied getting paid, we are more accurately post sluts.
I prefer to think of myself as a post-stud.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #35
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Bottom line: CS was my first "cigar" home, and as such, I'll miss it, and am saddened by its demise. Like most here(all?!) I am very thankful that the team of 11 decided to keep the spirit of CS continuing here at CA. Thanks guys! The king is dead, long live the king!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #36
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
I prefer to think of myself as a post-stud.
I like it.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #37
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogs View Post
We just set-up an alternative software environment. Y'all made it a/your/our home. Sad day the end of CS. For me that was 10/14 so pretty much over it now. Lots of old memories from the interaction there. New memories, old and new friends here so .... best wishes to Kpuffville.

Never really "got" the brotherly intent of buying the #'s 3,6 and 16th largest cigar sites, merging them and creating the... # 3 largest cigar site. It's either genius beyond which us community members have a view of or.... just a play into the popularity of "Social communities" that is a roll-up and flip plan for an opportunist.

Time will tell.

Regards,
Da Klugs-CS
or is that..
Da Klugs-CL
Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #38
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

What sites are numbers 1-5?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #39
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Now that was funny!
But I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think that the things we appreciated at the original CS are now gone forever and maybe even a little sad that you've completely written off the place and are looking forward to its demise.
I pared this down to home in on the part I wanted to answer to. I don't think anyone is really looking forward to the demise. I feel that most of us are trying to put humor in something that is sad for most of us, or at least started out that way. Now we have CA thanks to the 11, and I agree with you that I love this place as well. It is much more homey to me than CS was, maybe that's because I was involved here from the get go. Not sure about everyone's feelings but that's my . And I don't think I have written it off just moved on.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #40
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post

We have a winner!