Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Tale of two cigars...

...and a quick opinion on both. E.P. Carrillo Inch Robusto Natural & Maduro.
5 x 62 Short, fat sticks. Bought a 5 pack of maduros from FS and received the Naturals instead. Didn't realize the error until after smoking one. The bands on both are the same, or look the same to me - hard to tell difference from photos. Called FS and asked how to return for credit. The FS customer service person said they would e-mail a return label to print and tape on the box for return. Printed the label and returned the naturals. A few days later, I received a box of maduros with a charge receipt. I did not approve or indicate that I wanted the naturals replaced, but wanted a refund credit. Called and got a CSR with a serious attitude who said they couldn't do anything until they received the returned cigars. Checked the tracking # and saw that FS had received the return. Called again and got another uncooperative attitude. Sent e-mail and got attitudinal reply via e-mail. Called and repeated problem...still no credit...still charged for two orders. Still no indication of a credit.
Review on FS customer service... Very poor.
Now, review on the Inch cigars. Admit that I only tried one each of the natural and maduro. Very off tasting cigars - not recommended at all. Gave away the other maddies. IMHO... Dog rockets!
RR
Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tale of two cigars...

Ok, not familiar with FS what's the full name so I know not to shop with them. Sorry to hear about the run around they gave you. Having crummy smokes on top of that is no good either.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
badbriar

Famous Smokes. I still order from them - great prices, just know that their customer service needs a lot of work and if you have an issue with an order don't expect to be treated like you would at your local B & M.
RR
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

I remember when Carrillo struck out on his own and started making his own line. There was quite a bit of hype. I tried a few different lines and was thoroughly unimpressed. I also noticed that "off" flavor that you mentioned, along with a lot of tight draws.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough

I've had similar experiences with both the ep INCH and fs customer service, just to many other cigars sites out there with better service and better prices.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote