Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Aging Room Quattro Stretto

Quick review of the 4.5 x 46 Stretto, corona natural Sumatra wrapper cigar. This stick was an extra sent to me in a 5'er purchase by another exceptional BOTL here in the Asylum. No idea of it's age or how it was kept prior to my recent ownership. The cigar is a really nice box press with a beautiful Sumatra wrapper, purported to be aged since 2003. Excellent construction, easy draw with a punch cut and razor sharp burn throughout. Turned out to be a perfect size for taking the dogs out for a 40 minute yard run in the cool evening here in west coast FL. Initial taste on the first draw was a surprise and very full flavored. No sweetness initially, but lots of leather and spiciness. Little pepper and very smooth. Cool, easy draw with a lot of nice white smoke. The totally white ash held well for easily an inch and a half or more. Flavor smoothed out even more as the stick progressed and became creamy with medium, rich tobacco and light sweetness in the background. I've not had an Aging Room cigar before, but will definitely search these out and keep this vitola in the humi from now on. Highly recommended.
RR
Old 12-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aging Room Quattro Stretto

Nice review. May have to pick up a couple of Aging Room's myself now.
Dude Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Aging Room Quattro Stretto

Nice review. This was one of the first cigars I had where I could easily say a box purchase was an easy decision.