Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough
Default Graycliff Espresso PG (Robusto)

Had this one sitting for about a year and a half. Good looking cigar. No soft spots. Deep tobacco aroma on the foot.

First third - It has a initial blast of mocha and..well..espresso flavors which quickly subside into tobacco and leather with a slight mocha aftertaste. Very smooth with an effortless draw. Because of the draw it is east to overheat. Burning very well. Consistent in flavor of tobacco and leather with the same mocha aftertaste.

Second third - Still maintaining the same flavor profile with an increasing mocha aftertaste and a small amount of peppery spice. Around the middle of this third the flavors mellow out but quickly pick up at the end of the third with a heavy mocha aftertaste.

Last third - The strength is really starting to build as well as the flavors of tobacco...cocoa...and mocha aftertaste. Also getting a small hint of cedar. Long finish of mocha.

I know people say this cigar is overrated and I would probably agree. It could use a bit more complexity. But it is indeed a very tasty cigar with a nice balance of strength and flavor. Great burn. I probably would not buy a box because of the high cost but it is a very satisfying cigar.

tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Graycliff Espresso PG (Robusto)

Nice review, thanks.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
BillyCigars

Gawd, these are great cigars. I especially love the Double Espressos. They actually change rapidly over their "short lives". I had a couple of near freshies and they were absolutely phenomenal. I smoked a couple more 3 months after that and found them to be ho-hum. But about 6 months later, they returned to full blown deliciousness.

Great review!!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I agree with the
Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Trace63
We're all mad here

First Name: Kamil
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Trace63 is on a distinguished road

I tried this stick last year. It was so so for me. I have to get my hands on another one, and try some more Graycliffs while Im at it.

Thanks!
[replicant_argent] 11:07 am: Wasn't wayne a busboy at the last supper?
[Dooge] 10:49 pm: just judo chopped a fly
Trace63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review...thanks!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
scooter

Thanks for the great review.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

First Name: Ray
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about

I realize this is bringing this back from the dead, but would rather add to an existing review than make another thread.
Just had one of these this morning, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't that great. Fairly one dimensional and too light of a draw for my liking. Wasn't bad, just won't be looking to purchase any, especially for the price they are listed at. This one was at least a couple years old I'd say.
Need to add that it was not a Robusto, was maybe a churchill sized cigar. I dunno, I just grabbed it and smoked it lol.
4WheelVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
Xolotal Mungin
bon vivant

First Name: Xolotal
Trading: (0)
Xolotal Mungin is on a distinguished road

Well, since he brought it back from the dead, I'll throw something in.. I liked the Double Espresso Robusto I had, particularly since it was different. Not the darkest, oiliest, heaviest smoke ever, but interesting and unlike a lot of the favorites out there. I think the Graycliffs are expensive, but really unique when they do it right.