Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #361
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Steelers fans check in...

That's one less undefeated team in the league.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #362
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
What a great game. Our offense looked a little flat but the Defense stepped up. Damn you Jeff Reed!!!!

Chris.....
As a member of the Steeler Nation, I'm callin' out Jeff "Skippy" Reed. Enough is enough. Missed field goals, dumb-ass behavior off the field, and a no guts, girlie-man attempt, at stopping a kick-off return. He wants to act tough, and destroy paper towel dispensers, and get ticketed for drunk and disorderly last week, but when it comes to making an open field tackle, your balls are not to be found. Your a coward, and I hope that the powers that be bench your skirt wearin' ass.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #363
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Yep - that was a weak a$$ "attempt" at a tackle, I would hope he get a few hours with the defense this week. Excellent game, I thought they were on par with each other. Thank god for the Vikings penalties and a few other things that went our way.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #364
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey202 View Post
As a member of the Steeler Nation, I'm callin' out Jeff "Skippy" Reed. Enough is enough. Missed field goals, dumb-ass behavior off the field, and a no guts, girlie-man attempt, at stopping a kick-off return. He wants to act tough, and destroy paper towel dispensers, and get ticketed for drunk and disorderly last week, but when it comes to making an open field tackle, your balls are not to be found. Your a coward, and I hope that the powers that be bench your skirt wearin' ass.

Well said! He's a jacka$$ for sure.

Chris.....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #365
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff isn't going to get benched, he's already paid for the year.
This is the last year of his contract. He'll be kicking for the CFL next year.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #366
Resipsa

All steeler fans are required to
send a fruitbasket to that jackass Favre, he's the biggest reason Steelers won the game. You call Reed a coward Mikey? What about those two weak ass tackle attempts by Favre on his int and fumble that were returned for touches?
Yeah, he looked really "tough" on those, given how he likes to play up the how tough he is myth
Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #367
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
All steeler fans are required to
send a fruitbasket to that jackass Favre, he's the biggest reason Steelers won the game. You call Reed a coward Mikey? What about those two weak ass tackle attempts by Favre on his int and fumble that were returned for touches?
Yeah, he looked really "tough" on those, given how he likes to play up the how tough he is myth
Brett is 40, Vic. I'm 42 and if I took one snap in the NFL, I'd be in the ICU for 6 to 8 weeks.
Brett got splattered by James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley (a couple times each) yesterday, and as I remember, he walked off the field under his own power yesterday.
He's either incredibly tough or completely mental.
He certainly didn't lose that game for Minnesota yesterday, either. Despite having the Steelers line under his shirt all day, he made precision passes that got dropped at least a half dozen times.
I'd contend that those drops were clearly fear-induced. Even though Troy was 80% yesterday (I saw at least two hits where Troy didn't finish his tackles or wrap the guys up), any opponent within 50 yards of him has to be scared to death.
Remember Greg Lloyd?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #368
Resipsa

Scott, I get where you're coming from, but those turnovers were Favres fault, and if he's either afraid or unwilling to make a tackle, he doesn't belong on the field. That may sound harsh, but he's paid a lot of money to be a football player, and football players need toake tackles sometimes. If he's too old to do that, he's too old to be out there IMHO
Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #369
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Well, Favre is another story. I'm glad he didn't attempt to tackle anyone If I was a Vikings fan, I might call him out. I kinda lost some respect for him with the whole I'm retired, wait...no i'm not Diva deal.

I'm just suprised at how Jeff Reed has acted since we won the Superbowl last year, and is still out there kickin' for us.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #370
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Vic, I just typed a gorgeous line about how Brett brings intangibles, and it got wiped away by a software glitch.
To make a short story of it, consider for a moment that this is the NFL, it's a business, and if I'm paying the bill, Brett isn't allowed to tackle anyone, ever.
That scenario makes a lot more sense than "afraid or unwilling".
A couple more quick things...
It took Minnesota 12 weeks to win 6 games last year, and they had pretty much the softest schedule in the nfl.
They finished 10-6, and got beat by the Eagles in the first round.
They were two or three bounces from handing the Steelers their ass yesterday.
All things considered, they're pretty much the same team except for Brett.
Had they played the Steelers at this time last year, they'd still be trying to add up the score, despite the fact the Steelers were struggling.

Oh yeah, one of the intangibles...
He drew Casey Hampton offsides twice yesterday with cadence.
That's how good Brett is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Scott, I get where you're coming from, but those turnovers were Favres fault, and if he's either afraid or unwilling to make a tackle, he doesn't belong on the field. That may sound harsh, but he's paid a lot of money to be a football player, and football players need toake tackles sometimes. If he's too old to do that, he's too old to be out there IMHO
Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #371
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

For those in the area and who can afford the price of admission you can....

Dine with the Steelers

http://www.healthylungs.org/site/index.php

Friday, November 13, 2009
6:00 PM

General Admission Tickets Still Available at $200 pp
Join Honorary Chairman L.C. Greenwood for cocktails, dinner, dancing, a silent auction, autograph sessions and photo opportunities with your favorite Steelers players past and present. Dine with the Pittsburgh Steelers is the signature fundraising event of the American Respiratory Alliance and provides an exclusive opportunity to chat and mingle with the following players: James Farrior, Ryan Clark, Deshea Townsend, Jeff Reed, Mike Logan, Jeff Hartings, Edmund Nelson, Chukky Okobi, L.C. Greenwood. Call 1-800-220-1990 today!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #372
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey202 View Post
Yep, Skippy has his moments, but he has also been a clutch performer for us in the past. I'd much rather see him attempting a late game-winning kick than Kris Brown. I won't be sad to see him go, but they better get another great kicker as Heinz field is not an easy place to kick.
srduggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #373
marge796

Big game tonight! They start their sprint to the finish line which ends in Miami in February.

Chris.....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #374
marge796

Nice win for the Black & Gold!!!

Chris.....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #375
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

A lot of rust after the bye week, but came back to dominate in the 2nd half. Denver isn't looking so good anymore. Big, big game next week.
srduggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #376
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Nice D tonight. Next week is one more tough game, them a few cream puffs for about 4 weeks.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #377
marge796

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
Big game tonight! They start their sprint to the finish line which ends in Miami in February.

Chris.....
I stand corrected by Rashard Mendenhall. He said in his post game interview "It's not a sprint but, a marathon to the finish " The finish being #7 for the Steel City & the Boys in Black and Gold. Watch out Cincinnati!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #378
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

We played well in the second half. I hope we show up and avenge our loss to the Bengals!!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #379
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

BEAT DEM BUNGLES!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 AM   #380
marge796