Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #61
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rocky Patel,friend or foe?

I love the decades and am a big fan of the 1990 as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #62
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher View Post
Rocky is a friend. Heck, he blends and makes cigars, doesn't he? He goes out and meets the public, his BotL's. He makes cigars at all price points, so whether you're a refined connoisseur or a noob, there's probably something with his name on it in your humi. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could consider him a foe...unless you would like to see cigar smoking banned from the culture.
Good stuff, Gerry. Good points.
I can't see him as anything but a friend. I just keyed on the "friends don't sell friends generic third world suck cigars at inflated prices" point and got stuck there. That kinda stuff really tweaks me off.
I sure think he has good intentions, and I'm glad he's a BOTL.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #63
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Rocky makes well constructed cigars in a wide variety of flavor profiles. I like some, don't like others , but at least I know that I'll always get a well made cigar if Rocky's name is on it.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #64
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

As most of the Michigan people know, I don't care for his cigars at all. Only decent one I had was the edge sumatra, but even that I'm not running out to buy. On the other hand he is a great guy. When it comes down to it you smoke what you like.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #65
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

I have a decade and an OWR Maddie in my cooler

if I ever get around to cigars again, they're first on the list out of curiousity
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #66
GrtndpwrflOZ
Just call me OZ

First Name: Brian
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
GrtndpwrflOZ is on a distinguished road

Who's Rocky Patel?
GrtndpwrflOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #67
Giant & 49er Fan
Formerly known as RPguy

First Name: Jaime
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
Giant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura about

One thing we have to give credit to Rocky for is the fact that he is not a Fuente, Oliva, Padron or of the latin decent. For just over twelve years this guy has attacked the cigar industry with as much passion for blending cigars and marketing a brand that could appeal to everyone. From there it is simply preferrence. Do YOU like RP's. Some facts that may be of interest to most is that Rocky has been a pioneer for our rights as Cigar Smokers. He is in my opinion, the hardest working individual in the industry. Rocky has worked directly with the Government to save our precious hobby. SCHIP would have hit for over a $1.50 a cigar if he didn't raise his voice against the BIG TOBACCO business. Rocky Patel is without question a "FRIEND". To YOU, ME and anyone looking forward to thier next CAO, Fuente, Oliva, Don Pepin or whatever suites YOUR pallet.

Just my two cents!
Giant & 49er Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #68
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPguy View Post
One thing we have to give credit to Rocky for is the fact that he is not a Fuente, Oliva, Padron or of the latin decent. For just over twelve years this guy has attacked the cigar industry with as much passion for blending cigars and marketing a brand that could appeal to everyone. From there it is simply preferrence. Do YOU like RP's. Some facts that may be of interest to most is that Rocky has been a pioneer for our rights as Cigar Smokers. He is in my opinion, the hardest working individual in the industry. Rocky has worked directly with the Government to save our precious hobby. SCHIP would have hit for over a $1.50 a cigar if he didn't raise his voice against the BIG TOBACCO business. Rocky Patel is without question a "FRIEND". To YOU, ME and anyone looking forward to thier next CAO, Fuente, Oliva, Don Pepin or whatever suites YOUR pallet.

Just my two cents!

Here! Here!

And.......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, btw....I love RP's
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #69
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Here! Here!

And.......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, btw....I love RP's
Scott and myself are in the same boat, excuse the pun. I have more RPs in my stash than any other. OWR, Decades, and Vintage are gooood sticks. I like those chewy maduros.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #70
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

Never met the guy, like his Decade and OWR, his Vintage (both 90 and 92) were favorites... I still like the vintage and smoke them occasionally. I have tried every thing with RP names on it, at his worst his sticks are still very smokable. However, I dislike the IT brand a lot, never had one I like (although never had the ITC 10th). All in all, I think RP is a solid producer.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #71
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Friend.... There are several cigars Rocky makes that I enjoy. To include the Vintage Series, Decade, Fusion and Edge. I have also met Rocky and thought he was a very down to earth and friendly person. But, to each his own.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #72
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Foe... his cigars make me spend money!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote