Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #3081
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

more "moister" = more better....funny how "quality adult beverages" seem to sneak there way into a lot of topics round here....
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #3082
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
more "moister" = more better....funny how "quality adult beverages" seem to sneak there way into a lot of topics round here....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #3083
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Saw a good deal on jalapeno white cheddar today.

Bought 20 lbs worth.

It's in the smoker, 5lbs at a time.

FML.

And 2 lbs of German pilsner malt over the last weekend for a rauchbier.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #3084
Opusfxd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Opusfxd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
"Seems how quality adult beverages" seems to sneak into most Q's.
Opusfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #3085
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #3086
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I'll see if dad snapped a couple.
The serving line

Pulled pork, homemade BBQ beans, coleslaw, patato salad, and a bevy of homemade deserts...yum, yum.

I'm eating some left overs I managed to stash away even as I type!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #3087
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Very nice Steve!!
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #3088
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Cooked 125 lbs of pork butt Saturday night for a church picnic yesterday. This time I did a couple of things a little different than I usually do and man did it turn out great. Thanks Brent for letting me steal a couple of your techniques!

I pulled a Smokin' Gator though and didn't take many pictures, just a couple of crappy cell pictures that I was teasing Justin (emopunker) with around 4:00 am while he was working and a couple of hours away from breakfast!
A compliment and a dig in the same post. Not the first time that has happened in these parts!!!

Glad the cook went well brother. As I have said many times... a cooler is your friend. Sleep is good
Old 04-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #3089
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
A compliment and a dig in the same post. Not the first time that has happened in these parts!!!

Glad the cook went well brother. As I have said many times... a cooler is your friend. Sleep is good
Oops...sorry 'bout that Brent. No dig intended. I'm gonna blame it on sleep deprivation
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #3090
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Adding way too much to the freezer, so this weekend I am removing stuff, not putting stuff in. I am thawing a rack of BBRs,
a pack of Flanken Beef Ribs, a 8 pack of Nathan's Hot Dogs I am going to roll in bacon and cook indirectly, and about 8 large
hamburgers. I just bought a couple 3-rack packs of small bone spares but I am not convinced I need to be cooking a lot of
food this week. I am losing a few pounds here and there and one sure way to blow that is to find myself with a lot of lefties
in the fridge. So I can't go to BigLahts either...they ought to call that place Big Pants...I get so much chocolate, chips and
nuts there.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #3091
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Well once again I have no on the grill shots of what was a PERFECT day for grilling and photography.
But because I love you guys, I dirtied a plate for the photos.

I cooked a rack of Baby Backs, made up a dozen Mooinkballs, and 'invented' something called Porkapillars.
I just invented the name, I am sure I am not the first person to ever wrap a Nathan's hot dog in bacon
and smoke it. One complaint, the Nathan's hot dog is a salty dog indeed. You add bacon and you can
only eat one of those things or you will die. But DAMN that's a hell of a way to GO!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBRs apr28b.jpg (115.3 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg moinks n porkapillars.jpg (118.8 KB, 387 views)
Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #3092
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Yesterday I Grilled 6 burgers, then readied the smoker to smoke 6 chicken legs and 8 pork fingers,
or "western Style Pork Ribs" I love those things!
When that was done I smoked a slab of bacon that had been cut up for this asian-style pork belly
that Jon brought up the other day. i got ready to commence that recipe and realized I had no braising
wine or soy sauce. So I smoked them and then cut them up last night into bacon. You know, when I
throw up the lid to the smoker and say, MAN THAT LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE, I should get my CAMERA!
I am sad to say that only one photo was taken and even THAT was after the meat had been put up.
Those look awesome! Very similar to some chicken legs I cooked the other night. I decided to throw a few cherry wood chunks on the coals after cooking the legs for a bit (originally was just going to grill them real quick). Put the legs on indirect heat, Closed the lid, came back 20-25ish minutes later and had that awesome reddish looking, crispy skin. I whipped up a sauce made from store bought BBQ sauce, mixed with some Louisiana wing sauce, mustard, minced garlic, and brown sugar. They were AWESOME.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #3093
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Well once again I have no on the grill shots of what was a PERFECT day for grilling and photography.
But because I love you guys, I dirtied a plate for the photos.

I cooked a rack of Baby Backs, made up a dozen Mooinkballs, and 'invented' something called Porkapillars.
I just invented the name, I am sure I am not the first person to ever wrap a Nathan's hot dog in bacon
and smoke it. One complaint, the Nathan's hot dog is a salty dog indeed. You add bacon and you can
only eat one of those things or you will die. But DAMN that's a hell of a way to GO!!!
What are the Mooinkballs?

I should pull some back ribs out of the freezer for tomorrow. Grocery store had them on sale for 1.99/pound, so I picked up a few racks.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #3094
OLS
Suck It

half MOO, half OINK...I got that from the other guys on here...meatballs wrapped in bacon. They need to come off
after the first round of smoke, I cooked the water out of these. But I had work to do, and thought they would 'slow-cook'.
But they are just dry. The bacon was done in an hour and a bit. They were on three hours. The hot dogs were also
done early, but man it sure didn't hurt them....exstasy.....er ecstasy
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #3095
jwintosh
i have a confirmation #!!

First Name: Jeffrey
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
jwintosh will become famous soon enoughjwintosh will become famous soon enough

had a cookout at pnoon's yesterday. i smoked a fattie and a bunch of abt's. used homemade sausage to stuff the abt's. pnoon smoked ribs and chicken. galaga smoked a beef brisket. and cort smoked a couple of chuck roasts. not much really. ha!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #3096
pnoon
YNWA

Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwintosh View Post
had a cookout at pnoon's yesterday. i smoked a fattie and a bunch of abt's. used homemade sausage to stuff the abt's. pnoon smoked ribs and chicken. galaga smoked a beef brisket. and cort smoked a couple of chuck roasts. not much really. ha!
Holy crap. Did we have a lot to eat or what?

Good times.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #3097
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwintosh View Post
You know Jeff

Old 04-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #3098
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

X2

And they guy holding the "Pichers" sign needs some of that BBQ!
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #3099
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

Made pizza this weekend. Dough needed more water as the crust was a little dry, but pretty good overall.

ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #3100
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Made a couple things yesterday. Had to, as it was out of the freezer already. Didn't get to eat any of it, on account of being sick.

WTF are you supposed to do with boneless pork "country style" ribs, you ask? Why, you season them and wrap them in bacon, of course! Also threw on a small rack of back ribs (can't have empty space!)