Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #101
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #102
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
My son was born in '93 and believes it his birthright that the Pats will contend at a high level every year. I try to tell him that this run is unparalleled in the history of professional football. No one has ever put together something like this over such long period of time: 16 years, 14 playoff appearances, 11 Conference Championship games, 7 Super Bowl appearances and victories in five of them. It's mind boggling.

At some point, the worm will turn and New England fans will look back on this era with awe and longing much as I suspect 49er fans look back on the mid 80's & early 90's. It will be fans like my son who will be ill equipped to deal with it because they don't know the pain. They don't respect the current winning streak because it's all they've ever known.

As a Bills fan living in New England, I will enjoy that immensely.
Tell him to become a Lions fan, then he'll know true ineptitude (said from a life long homer Lions fan).
Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #103
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #104
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Tell him to become a Raiders fan, then he'll know true ineptitude (said from a life long homer Lions fan).
Fixed it .. the Lions were never that good.

I will say this, while it was an amazing comeback it was not the greatest game ever as people are saying, it was a freaking blowout and a mismatch for the entire first half, I heard on the radio that the Fox execs where shitting themselves it was so bad, it was so bad that Marky Mark and his family left (only to later blame his kids.. not that it was a train wreck of a first half).

It's like The Usual Suspects, not an amazing movie, it was ok, but it had a great ending, so people tend to say it was a great movie, it really wasn't, passable yes, great no.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #105
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
NESN has locker room video showing Mr. Kraft passing out Padron cigars after the big win. Nice.
I'd like a link to see that.