Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

I have struggled with Verizon for years. My bill is always overcharged, I have to call them every month, and I seem to always end up "stuck" with them, because everyone I know has Verizon.
Back in February I bought a new phone and it died in three days.
I called, spent the customary two hours on the phone with them, and they sent me a new phone.
I sent the old one back the same day, kept the tracking number and shipping receipt, they received it two days later.
Three months later I get billed for $269.99 for the phone.

Now, mind ya, I have a history with these people. For some reason at one time (a couple years ago), I absolutely could not get them to shut data services off on my phones. Kids, ya know? They kept running up the bill. I told them it was shut off because Verizon told me it was. It took 6 months, dozens of calls, and I ended up finally paying the final 200 bucks of charges that were because they didn't do their job when I asked. They just refused to shut off the data services.
Ultimately I got it all shut down, but they hadn't forgiven the final 200 bucks worth of charges.
It was that or my sanity, so I just paid it.

Back to the $269.99 phone thing...
I just talked to Verizon Wireless today. They said they'd forward the matter to the something or other resolution department and they'd get back to me in three to five days.
I asked if something I had said earlier in the conversation had given them the inclination that I was somehow severely retarded, leading me to believe, that in fact, my call would be returned when it never has been in the past.
That pretty much ended that conversation.
Probably cost me $269.99, too.
I hate those lying bastages. I'd like to punch Verizon in the face.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

I now get to go get needles stuck in my spine and sit in an MRI tube for an hour.
I actually look forward to it. Beats the hell outta talking to Verizon. lol
Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
ahc4353

Nope. Love um.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

No issues here with them...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I've always liked Verizon. They get the best service in my area and haven't ever had a problem with their customer service ppl.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

I don't know about PA, but in Vermont I would send this kind of complaint to the Dept of Public Service. They do a terrific job of advocating for the consumer and the companies are much more apt to listen to them than you.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
Darrell

I like Verizon.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

I agree. I am a Verizon wireless customer and have been for about 10 years. I originally went with them because their cellular (not customer) service was the best by far. Now, I have a family plan with them, (4 phones) DSL internet service, (tried high-speed for a week....was slower than DSL) home phone, and DirecTv is all billed on the same bill. Now I feel I have to stay with them.

Anytime I had to call customer service, it was a multiple 2 hour long call ordeal. Usually starting in India and then somehow ends up before me smashing my phone to bits talking to some high-up manager back in the States.

When I first got the DSL service it wouldn't connect, they actually tried telling me my telephone jack was installed incorrectly, meanwhile it was Verizon who installed it. Later after 3-5 of those 2 hour phone ordeals, someone came out and found a filter that was installed years ago out in their box.

I think if all goes well and my wife and I buy our first home this year, that will me my chance to make my break.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Nope. Love um.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
No issues here with them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
I've always liked Verizon. They get the best service in my area and haven't ever had a problem with their customer service ppl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I like Verizon.
Seems to be a common thread in the thread.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I must have pissed them off somewhere along the way, eh? lol
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Scott, I am so with you.

My ex started our account with Verizon. We began with three phones, giving one to our oldest (of three), and one for each of us. I eventually dropped my phone because I get a phone free from work. Guess who the account is with?

Since then, my other two kids have phones on the plan, and I am obligated by the divorce decree to pay for my ex's phone so she can call the kids free from MI.

Also since then I have remarried. My wife had an account with...guess who? Four more phones, including her ex's which we pay for since he's an unemployable drunk and we still want the kids to be able to talk to him.

That's a grand total of seven phone that we wanted to consolidate into one grand plan. Nope. Verizon imposes a limit of five phones per plan. Got a bigger family than that? Too bad, &#@$ you.

Everybody on our plan has their own online account so they can download tones...stuff like that. I call verizon and tell them I want a profile on the account so I can manage all the options on an ongoing basis. After all, I pay for all of it, usually to the tune of $275 to $350 per month.

Nope, I can't have a profile because I don't have an actual phone number on the account. They tell me I must usurp one of the other accounts and change the password. Huh?

Farging iceholes. I hate Verizon.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
Rockestone
Anythings Possible

First Name: Greg
Trading: (5)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Rockestone will become famous soon enoughRockestone will become famous soon enough

Love Verizon....Never had a problem....I've used them for about 9 years now.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
LordOfWu

I've had no troubles, including replacing a phone my wife washed

I mean c'mon, Darrell likes them, and he doesn't like anything!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I guess they're great as long as you never have a problem.
I'm spoiled by Apple and Dell and the electric compnay and gas company and Walmart, I suppose.
I just want resolution and to be treated like a customer. I think the frustration is cause I expect that, and expectations are nothing more than pre-meditated resentments.
I gotta get rid of them before they make me lose my mind.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfWu View Post
I've had no troubles, including replacing a phone my wife washed

I mean c'mon, Darrell likes them, and he doesn't like anything!
I gotta admit, that freaked me clean out. I'm gonna have to speak to my analyst about this one. I'm sending the bill to Darrelll.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I guess they're great as long as you never have a problem.
I'm spoiled by Apple and Dell and the electric compnay and gas company and Walmart, I suppose.
I just want resolution and to be treated like a customer. I think the frustration is cause I expect that, and expectations are nothing more than pre-meditated resentments.
I gotta get rid of them before they make me lose my mind.
I have more horror stories, but I was getting worked up while I was typing so I cut it short.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I've never had a problem with them and never entertained a thought of taking my business elsewhere.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

I've had pretty good service with Verizon Wireless. However, Verizon is a totally different story. Here we go....

A few years back I ordered that total package that everyone else has, the internet, house phone, and Directv. Price was right at the time. Directv shows up at my house about a week later for the install, no problems. Around that same time, my phone line is working, no problems. However, another week goes by and I still don't have my DSL modem. I call Verizon to find out what's up. They tell me it's been delivered. I don't have it, so of course I say as much. Then I comment that it was probably the package I saw sitting outside of an apartment I didn't think anyone lived at. The woman basically flips on me. She tells me that I have to go downstairs to knock on the door of that apartment and see if they have my mail. I tell her I'm not doing that. She says it's MY responsibility. I asked her if she seriously was telling me that it was my responsibility to go through other peoples' mail? She said yes. Then she blamed me for giving them the wrong address, to which I replied that Directv and Verizon phone all got the right (and same might I add) address as Verizon DSL. This woman just said that she was annotating my record to show that I didn't try and find the equipment and therefore no further help was given. I hung up on her then called back and talked with her manager. I finally got resolution, but it took a damn long time. Absurd.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

never had a problem that I didn't cause myself. their coverage in va sucks though, I don't like how they lock down their phones hard wear (no wifi on phones that have wifi on other networks) but other then that I don't have a gripe. been with then for 11 years
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

We went with Verizon the end of last year. The first couple of months were rocky, as we didn't want the data services, texting and so on. It took three months to get everything we didn't want shut off.

It was totally painless for me. The wife is distantly related to a bulldog, and by the time she finished with them, they probably would have done anything to get her to leave them alone.

On the plus side, Verizon has the best coverage of any carrier I've ever used.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote