Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #41
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm free

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I've felt this way once before. was happy to be out of the relationship but a little lonely in the evenings. Try to stay busy with friends if you can. Sometimes if I was bored and wanted to chat, I'd talk to people here at the asylum. In fact I still do this occasionally, lots of great people here.

The best advice I can give is to spend some time alone. It may be quiet around the house, but in my experience it's not a good idea to start looking for a new companion just yet. Internet, cigars and maybe a little wine are the best medicine for loneliness.

Been through it as well. Spending some time alone is the best idea. Don't get into another relationship for at least a year, maybe more. And the best thing I did for myself after splitting with my ex-wife was to go see a therapist. Really.

It's not an easy transition, even without kids in the picture. Just be careful, take care of yourself, and remember that just because there's no longer a need to justify your purchases to anyone else, you still need to pay the bills.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Take a page from Seinfeld:

GEORGE: (inhales deeply) I tell you, Jerry, I'm feeling something. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

JERRY: Pride?

GEORGE: No. Autonomy, complete and total autonomy.

JERRY: Well, you're your own boss now.

GEORGE: I wanna go to a tractor pull.

JERRY: Go ahead.

GEORGE: I am staying out all night!

JERRY: Who's stopping you?

GEORGE: I wanna bite into a big hunk of cheese, just bite into it like it's an apple.

JERRY: Whatever.

landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

OK, thread hijack, couldn't resist adding the rest/ending: (I bolded my favorite line )

Then, after learning that his would-have-been inlaws were inspired by Jerry's remarks from a Star Trek movie to establish a foundation in honor of their deceased daughter and have asked him to sit on the board of directors, George and Jerry have this conversation:

JERRY: Hey.

GEORGE: Hey. How's your day, good?

JERRY: Actually, yeah. I'm meeting Mulva here in a few minutes.

GEORGE: So uh... Wrath of Khan, huh?

JERRY: Yeah. Was that a beauty or what?

GEORGE: What was that line again? Something about finding your way in a shadow?

JERRY: No, no, no, it's... "She's not really dead if we find a way to remember her."

GEORGE: That's it. That's the line... (squirts mustard into Jerry's coffee and stirs it) ...that destroyed my life.

JERRY: (stares into coffee cup and looks back at George) Problem?

GEORGE: The Rosses have started up a foundation, Jerry, and I have to sit on the board of directors.

JERRY: Hey, board of directors. Look at you!

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!

JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise.

GEORGE: Don't you see? I'm back in.

JERRY: All because of Wrath of Khan?

GEORGE: Yes!

JERRY: Well, it was the best of those movies.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #44
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish2 View Post
NO
NO
NO

I asked my lawyer how we did. She said "better than most men end up with".
enough said
I paid a **** ton of money to my lawyer. In the end the only things I lost were a couch and a table. I got everything else, including the kids and child support.

Congrats on your divorce!! It will get better. The hardest part for me was learning how to date all over again and I was only married for 4 years. Enjoy your freedom!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #45
catfish2

I know that some of you guys will want to kill me for telling you this but here goes. I received the latest bill from my lawyer today. I still have a $560 balance from my retainer. It looks like my lawyer will end up owing me money. On top of that she told me that if I get the Sheriffs job, she may have some side work for me. That's a switch, a divorce lawyer paying her client money.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #46
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough

Now go find the right one!

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #47
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Ahh I know how that used to feel then I met my g/f.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote