Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (1)
Army (Served With Honor)
rooneymurph is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PS4 or Xbox One

The game plan right now is to wait until the new gen consoles are released, then when the price drops on a 360 bundle, snag that and have one of each 3rd gen. I can enjoy all that I've missed out on for Xbox and wait until later 2014 to potentially get a 4th gen console at a lesser price (with various firmware upgrades, assuredly).
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #22
ATLDave
New to the Game

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
ATLDave is on a distinguished road

Online gaming is really about the friends you make with other gamers. Having been on XBox since the beginning, I will likely stay there.
ATLDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #23
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooneymurph View Post
The game plan right now is to wait until the new gen consoles are released, then when the price drops on a 360 bundle, snag that and have one of each 3rd gen. I can enjoy all that I've missed out on for Xbox and wait until later 2014 to potentially get a 4th gen console at a lesser price (with various firmware upgrades, assuredly).
I may be selling mine
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #24
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

What's making me consider switiching is the price, no backwards compatable games on the "one", "always on" feature on the "one", and nothing really free with xbox live. I also do not care for the motion thing with Xbox, if I wanted one I'd buy one but now they are forcing me to own one.

If I do switch and get the PS4 I'll pay for the PS+ and get the free stuff that comes with including downloaded games.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Does either have dedicated host servers for multiplayer? That would be a factor for me. Client hosting is crap at best.
I love it. I'm almost always host, and have amazing internet connection most of the time.

So no 360 game will work on the 1 or whatever it's called?
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
What's making me consider switiching is the price, no backwards compatable games on the "one", "always on" feature on the "one", and nothing really free with xbox live. I also do not care for the motion thing with Xbox, if I wanted one I'd buy one but now they are forcing me to own one.

If I do switch and get the PS4 I'll pay for the PS+ and get the free stuff that comes with including downloaded games.
That's another reason I am thinking of switching. I don't care for Kinect, nor will I ever....xbox live is certain to go up another $10 (just guessing, but why wouldn't it?) I don't play online with friends much anymore, I prefer single campaigns that take more than a weekend to beat and well worth my $.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
What!!? no backwards with 360 games what the hell
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #28
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Quote:
I love it. I'm almost always host, and have amazing internet connection most of the time.

No. 360 games will NOT work on the xbox One.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
No. 360 games will NOT work on the xbox One.
But the NEW 360 just came out yesterday
Old 06-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I am okay with no backwards games, I do not keep my old games anyways.
For me, my descision will be a matter of exclusive content & friends switching or not switching. I am really pumped about TitanFall but I will be able to get that one on 360 so I will have to see some other exclusives to keep me with Xbox.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

I may just hold off until prices come down some and see what Shane thinks of the "One". If I do decided to get a new console I'll have to get all new games anyway for either of the consoles.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #32
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
I hate all Tom Clancy games. Have never been able to finish one besides Vegas. I hate 3rd person with a passion.

I feel within the next year I'll stop playing games completely. I get bored quite often when I'm playing Black Ops 2.
Even Splinter Cell?

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #33
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Right now I prefer Xbox. But if rumors are true the Xbox1 embodies everything I hate, from DRM to a camera that actively watches you. It's like Microsoft made a list of things that piss people off and confused that with it's "wanted feature" list. PS4 here unless something changes.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's the problem. It's not actually fair. Network lag for the host is simulated so they have some latency but because it's simulated, their latency stays 100% consistent while everyone else's lag will fluctuate at least 50-100 milliseconds; if not more depending on time of day, etc. At least on a dedicated server everyone's latency will fluctuate creating a fair playing field. My server/IT guy
Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #35
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

MS now states that the 24 hour check-in is not required and there will be discs and not downloaded games. , little too late?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #36
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I have decided to just hang onto my 360, purchase TitanFall and be happy.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #37
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

The gameplay looks incredible.
I gave up gaming a couple years ago, no desire for the learning curve to keep up with the FPS titles. These games look like it'd take a college course to catch up.
I'm hoping I don't have to buy one of these for the kids, but I probably will. Were it me, I'd go to PS without a doubt. I've not forgotten the screwing I got on the 360 release, and MS can pound their platform in their ass, so far as I'm concerned.

I'd expect Sony to be a big winner on this one. All they need to do is listen to the gamers. MS doesn't even understand that sentence.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #38
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

PS4 for me, I have too many games for the PS3 that I don't want to give up. I won't buy the new one until the PS3 dies. We watch a ton of movies on it so I figure it'll happen eventually, sooner rather than later.
It's tough, I hate Sony and I hate Microsoft, apparently I don't hate Sony enough to switch platforms.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #39
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Microsoft has now backtracked on their ridiculous policies. At least Sony was good for something by forcing Microsoft to allow users to resell games and not always be online. Still haven't seen definitive proof on backwards compatibility.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/g...drm/index.html
Old 06-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Have pre ordered four PS4s for release day acquisition. Plan to quickly flip three to pay for mine (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). Actual conversation I had with a guy at work a couple of days ago:

Him - "You getting a XBOX One or PS4?"
Me - "PS4. You?"
Him - "Why are you getting a PS4?"
Me - "Familiarity, overbearing restrictions built into the XBOX One, similar specs, yet PS4 is a hundred bucks cheaper..."
Him - "Well the XBOX One comes with a Kinect and the PS4 doesn't."
Me - "Whoopity damn do. Never did care for Kinect/Move/Wii. When I wanna play a video game, I want to plop my ass down on the couch and veg out for a couple of hours."
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote