Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road
Default It's been a while...

Life happened and I got away from cigars for quite a while. Cigars completely slipped my mind for months at a time. Sure, I'd periodically wet the beads in my vinotemp but I would rarely smoke one. This past Saturday I was mowing the yard and had a hankering. Lit up a Cinco Vegas Cask Strength and it was a fine cigar. That got me thinking about my favorites and how I'm out of most of them. I can feel the dreaded cigarbid itch coming on... quick question -

Famous Nicaraguan 3000 - are they still around and as good?
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's been a while...

Welcome back. I too just recently came back to it... I got to the point where I sold off all of my cigars and had not smoked in a couple years. I stopped by FUMARE cigar shop in Reno on Sunday and bought a few sticks... I'm headed right back down the slippery slope...

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
Welcome back. I too just recently came back to it... I got to the point where I sold off all of my cigars and had not smoked in a couple years. I stopped by FUMARE cigar shop in Reno on Sunday and bought a few sticks... I'm headed right back down the slippery slope...
I hear ya. I'm already hoping I don't win all the lots I've bid on.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back Beau.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Good to see another "hog" back, Beau.

Haven't smoked a Famous Nic for a long time, but I've heard discussion that the blend had changed, and not for the better.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Good to see another "hog" back, Beau.

Haven't smoked a Famous Nic for a long time, but I've heard discussion that the blend had changed, and not for the better.
Found 1 old school Famous Nic 3000 in my humidor yesterday. Now to find another reasonably priced good smoke! The thrill is in the chase.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

thank you, now I got that Staind song stuck in my head
Old 07-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Tom's right. Rumor was back when the 3000 was awesome it was a closeout of a great brand. Unfortunately it had a very similar name to a well established brand. Lawsuit, then they disappeared. Theory is that the maker bundled all inventory and sold them to Famous as the 3000. When the originals were gone Famous found someone to try to replicate the blend. I'm not sure it was true but it was widely speculated on many cigar forums.

Welcome back!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #9
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Tom's right. Rumor was back when the 3000 was awesome it was a closeout of a great brand. Unfortunately it had a very similar name to a well established brand. Lawsuit, then they disappeared. Theory is that the maker bundled all inventory and sold them to Famous as the 3000. When the originals were gone Famous found someone to try to replicate the blend. I'm not sure it was true but it was widely speculated on many cigar forums.

Welcome back!
Thanks for that tidbit. A sad tale on multiple levels, if true. I'll enjoy the last one I have.

I'm trying to explore other blenders but I can't seem to stop craving Pepin Garcia sticks. Unfortunately my wallet and palate are at odds. AJ Fernandez looks like a likely next target. I have a Man O War and maybe a Diesel.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #10
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Plenty of great sticks out there for decent prices. Just shop the sales. I'd suggest though, a 5er here a 5er there, and if you find one you really like then watch for the specials.

Welcome back!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #11
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Peter, now we have two hogs in the garden. Just sayin'...
Old 07-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #12
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
now I got that Staind song stuck in my head
Staind's great - it could be worse!

Welcome back, Beau
Old 07-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #13
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post

Welcome back!
Oliva Series X is what I heard, blocked by Fuente. But those are unconfirmed rumors.