Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #41
Joseywales

Default Re: Davidoff customer service SUCK!!!!

I say make the old man pay for it. I'm sick and tired of my relatives coming over and breaking items in my home. And it's not the kids either!

Mother-in-law: broke my microwave
Father-in-law: doesn't drink. Fell of his chair and gouged two holes in my wall.
Wife's Uncle: Plopped down so hard on my couch, he broke it!
Wife's nephew (adult)ouldn't open our front door with the key and broke the tumblers. Had to replace the entire lock set.
Wife's brother-in-law: plopped on my deck chair. Broke it.

OK...just kidding. Davidoff should have covered. My Xikar hyrgrometer was bad out of the box. Looks like the battery leaked and I sent it back.

But relative stories are true and they should come with warranties or insurance!! I'm sure the fact that most of the items were 13 years old had nothing to do with it
Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #42
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseywales View Post
I say make the old man pay for it. I'm sick and tired of my relatives coming over and breaking items in my home. And it's not the kids either!

Mother-in-law: broke my microwave
Father-in-law: doesn't drink. Fell of his chair and gouged two holes in my wall.
Wife's Uncle: Plopped down so hard on my couch, he broke it!
Wife's nephew (adult)ouldn't open our front door with the key and broke the tumblers. Had to replace the entire lock set.
Wife's brother-in-law: plopped on my deck chair. Broke it.

OK...just kidding. Davidoff should have covered. My Xikar hyrgrometer was bad out of the box. Looks like the battery leaked and I sent it back.

But relative stories are true and they should come with warranties or insurance!! I'm sure the fact that most of the items were 13 years old had nothing to do with it
Hmmmmm....seems like wife's family has issues.....
Old 11-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #43
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseywales View Post
I say make the old man pay for it.
No way, my parents raised me and the cost of that (and their stuff I broke while growing up) and the things they do for me don't compare to the price of the cutter.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #44
Joseywales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
No way, my parents raised me and the cost of that (and their stuff I broke while growing up) and the things they do for me don't compare to the price of the cutter.
I know. I was only kidding. And my inlaws did give me a terrific wife, so I can't complain.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #45
str8edg

I just caught this thread, thanks Kevin, this just makes me fricking sick

I ran a business and CS is key. I have never bought their stuff... and I will not if this is not resolved.

I am going to go throw up now....
Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #46
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

CS like that is inexcusable regardless of the product in my opinion. A product should be your name and your company. I am surprised to see that from this company. I know they are high end and deal in large dollar items but if they wont back up a lower end item why would i drop bank on any of their higher priced items. Sorry man looked like a great punch.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #47
Joseywales

I have to say, it amazes me how many companies pass up these golden opportunities. Look, dad broke the darn thing. You say he pulled gently, Davidoff figures he was in a tug of war with your rottweiler. It shouldn't matter. For the small amount it would take to resolve the issue, they would get an enormous amount of positive PR. Sometimes is easy for companies to product good products, etc. But when something like this happens it's an opportunity that all the advertising dollars in the word can't immitate.

Also, there is a youtube video about social advertising. Runs about 4 minutes and the statistics about who is online, etc. is amazing. the largest growing group is 50 YOA and up. Facebook, Myspace, etc. have actually over taken p_orn as the number one hit on the Internet. Our company's product won't really benefit from social and forum-type advertising, but Davidoff...holy cow
Old 11-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #48
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

I agree, nothing can influence me in a purchasing decsion like a few comments from someone I trust. Either good or bad..... I think most of us would prefer to get our money's value out of a product, but how we are treated matters more. I will spend more (to a point the budget can handle) for better service/support. Cheaper is not always "cheaper".
Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #49
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Davidoff
Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #50
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

PM sent Don, hopefully I can help get you some resolution.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #51
Homebrewer
Love'm Tatuaje

Trading: (9)
Homebrewer is on a distinguished road

The thing that bothers me is that they bought Camacho, a cigar company I actually like. F those f%ck heads!
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #52
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
The thing that bothers me is that they bought Camacho, a cigar company I actually like. F those f%ck heads!
not smoking anymore Davidoff or Avo, well, that is not hard. Not smoking any Camacho, hmmmm, guess there is a price to pay for principles.

Thanks Ian, I don't think it will be resolved, they don't even bother to reply to my email.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #53
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

A few weeks ago, Paul (php007) send me a pm and told me he had a few of these punches extra and offered to send me one. Today it arrived. Thank you very much Paul.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #54
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

The owner of a B&M in The Netherlands saw the same topic on my Dutch board. He got in touch with Pronk Import, the exclusive Davidoff distributer in The Netherlands a few months ago. Earlier this week I got a call from the B&M owner (Yuri Dijkstra from www.thesaloon.eu ) and an email from a Pronk representative, they replaced the punch. They couldn't get the AVO punch, but I am getting a Zino punch.

Davidoff USA could and should learn something from Pronk and The Saloon.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #55
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The owner of a B&M in The Netherlands saw the same topic on my Dutch board. He got in touch with Pronk Import, the exclusive Davidoff distributer in The Netherlands a few months ago. Earlier this week I got a call from the B&M owner (Yuri Dijkstra from www.thesaloon.eu ) and an email from a Pronk representative, they replaced the punch. They couldn't get the AVO punch, but I am getting a Zino punch.

Davidoff USA could and should learn something from Pronk and The Saloon.
wow....nice!....now send me all those Davidoffs you won't smoke!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #56
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Very sorry to hear this Ferdinand, but it sounds like you have got a resolution, or one coming, now about this quote:
Quote:
**** Davidoff & Avo. I have some Avo cigars in my collection, they will be bombing material, I refuse to smoke them anymore.
I would be happy to take them off your hands.....only semi kidding
Old 08-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #57
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

They are long gone.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #58
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

HA HA, I guess so......I didn't even see the dates of these posts.......I'll just be over here, don't mind me.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #59
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

I picked the new punch up yesterday, it's awesome. Big ups to the Dutch distributer of Davidoff and the B&M owner of The Saloon Almere
Old 10-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #60
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I picked the new punch up yesterday, it's awesome. Big ups to the Dutch distributer of Davidoff and the B&M owner of The Saloon Almere
Now THAT is CS, they didn't even sell you the punch and are making the situation right. A few bucks for a punch vs a likely long-time customer.......isn't that a no brainer?