Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Davidoff customer service SUCK!!!!

I send Davidoff CS an email, if their answer isn't any better then the answer they gave Michael, I will post the reply including the mailaddy.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Wait a minute people, lets not get to lynching yet!

If your local shop deals with Davidoff, take the punch to them. They can send the punch back and get it repaired free.

Davidoff does NOT deal directly with consumers, they deal via "Approved Merchants". It may be bad business practice, but you're talking about a company that's been around a LONG time. They're so old school, they wore tuxedos to the RTDA shows up until this year.

Have a little more faith and talk to your local Davidoff deal.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post

If your local shop deals with Davidoff, take the punch to them. They can send the punch back and get it repaired free.

Davidoff does NOT deal directly with consumers, they deal via "Approved Merchants". It may be bad business practice, but you're talking about a company that's been around a LONG time. They're so old school, they wore tuxedos to the RTDA shows up until this year.

Red tape and unbending stupidity does not mean good customer service imo.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post
Red tape and unbending stupidity does not mean good customer service imo.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #26
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post

But seriously, any company who has the unmitigated gall to sell a 100 count humidor for $15000 ought to bend over backwards, no? I mean they are the ones who are in part responsible for cigar taxation by putting up the front that all cigar smokers have yachts and summer homes in the Hamptons.

We all know this couldn't be further from the truth as most BOTLS and SOTLS are working stiffs who suffer from this misconception.

rant off

Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #27
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Sometimes emoticons can say it all.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

If that were the case, the CS Rep should have stated in the e-mail to take it to an "approved merchant" rather than we can tell you where you can purchase another one.
Where's my rope.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #29
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post

But seriously, any company who has the unmitigated gall to sell a 100 count humidor for $15000 ought to bend over backwards, no? I mean they are the ones who are in part responsible for cigar taxation by putting up the front that all cigar smokers have yachts and summer homes in the Hamptons.

We all know this couldn't be further from the truth as most BOTLS and SOTLS are working stiffs who suffer from this misconception.

rant off

GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!!!!

A $3 one.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #30
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

On A Similar Note: I Deal With CI & CBID on a regular basis, as I'm Sure Most Of Us Do. If I ever have a problem with an order(Only Had 2 Problems In 3 Years), They Remedy The Situation Immediately! In Fact, They Shipped me The Wrong Sticks On A CBID order Fri. I Called The CS Rep This Morning & She Apologized Profusely And Asked What I Wanted Done. I actually wanted the sticks she sent me by mistake, so I asked to keep them and Pay a discounted, average CBID Price for them. She went One Step Better and gave them to me for $5 Off the discounted CBID Price and Is shipping my original Order Out Today! Now THAT'S Customer Service, My Friends!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
You could post the actual email here and we could flood Davidoff CS with emails regarding their lack of service and inferior product. This may prompt some action on their part.
Agreed as this is how consumers get their rights back. Davidoff needs to understand that they are in business because of those people who buy their products. They can wear Tuxedos and act like upper crust all they want but at the end of the day they still work for us.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #32
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

I'll just jump in with the rest and say that CS makes all the difference in the world. I hate when any type of service related business forgets that they are in the business of SERVICE. I don't even need the 100%, no questions asked, type service to be happy. Just give me the feeling that you give a damn about my problem and make some type of remedy available to me. In this case, offer me a discount on a new one. I don't need it free...specially if I'm the reason it's broke. But don't just blow me off and ask me to buy another. Very subpar response by the CS agent. Sorry Don, looks like that was a very nice punch.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #33
covetry

If you decide to take it further up the chain at Davidoff, I would imagine someone would take notice. Alot of good companies sometimes pick up really shitty reps. I know from experience. I wouldn't let one bad apple spoil your view of the whole organization. I would take it further up. But that's just me.

Sorry your punch broke right after you got it. It looks nice too!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #34
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
On A Similar Note: I Deal With CI & CBID on a regular basis, as I'm Sure Most Of Us Do. If I ever have a problem with an order(Only Had 2 Problems In 3 Years), They Remedy The Situation Immediately! In Fact, They Shipped me The Wrong Sticks On A CBID order Fri. I Called The CS Rep This Morning & She Apologized Profusely And Asked What I Wanted Done. I actually wanted the sticks she sent me by mistake, so I asked to keep them and Pay a discounted, average CBID Price for them. She went One Step Better and gave them to me for $5 Off the discounted CBID Price and Is shipping my original Order Out Today! Now THAT'S Customer Service, My Friends!
I'm thrilled to hear that, Greg.
I didn't have the same experience with cbid/CI at all. As a result, they're dead to me.
Ferd, I feel ya, brother. I seriously love me some avo #9 maduros.
There's plenty of other cigars available from real botl's.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm thrilled to hear that, Greg.
I didn't have the same experience with cbid/CI at all. As a result, they're dead to me.
Ferd, I feel ya, brother. I seriously love me some avo #9 maduros.
There's plenty of other cigars available from real botl's.
Sorry About Your Dealings With CI, Scott.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #36
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by covetry View Post
If you decide to take it further up the chain at Davidoff, I would imagine someone would take notice. Alot of good companies sometimes pick up really shitty reps. I know from experience. I wouldn't let one bad apple spoil your view of the whole organization. I would take it further up. But that's just me.

Sorry your punch broke right after you got it. It looks nice too!
All companies have people who handle things differently, but that letter seemed very cookie cutter... which makes me think that is the standard response for that type of issue. I have worked in some very large companies dealing in health care and we have the same issues... rather than free handing something that has a heart and some compassion you get a cold generic cookie cutter letter which sucks.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Veritas
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Gregory
Trading: (1)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Veritas is on a distinguished road

This is not what I would expect from a company of Davidoff’s stature. One of the reasons I choose a product is the reputation of the company I’m supporting. Knowing that if/when a problem with the product arises, the company will do what they can to make it right is worth paying a premium for.

Even if the item isn’t covered by a warranty, as seems to be the case here, offering to direct you to where you can purchase another one is nothing short of arrogance. I have no plans to further support this company with my consumer dollars. There are too many companies that at least give the appearance of customer appreciation to support those who do not.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:56 AM   #38
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
This is not what I would expect from a company of Davidoff’s stature. One of the reasons I choose a product is the reputation of the company I’m supporting. Knowing that if/when a problem with the product arises, the company will do what they can to make it right is worth paying a premium for.

Even if the item isn’t covered by a warranty, as seems to be the case here, offering to direct you to where you can purchase another one is nothing short of arrogance. I have no plans to further support this company with my consumer dollars. There are too many companies that at least give the appearance of customer appreciation to support those who do not.
And that is how we, the consumers win - vote with our dollars. We win every time we do this.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #39
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I send Davidoff CS an email, if their answer isn't any better then the answer they gave Michael, I will post the reply including the mailaddy.
Any word back yet?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #40
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

No, not yet.