Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Joseywales

Default Let's try this: What air filter are you using?

I know the rule is spend money on sticks, not tricks. But my thought is this. If I'm going to spend money on cigars and humi products, I'd like to able to enjoy them year round. I have a 400 sqf room that is perfect, but I don't like the smell of stale smoke. I wouldn't even smoke in my garage without some type of filtration.

I researched the Purifan a bit more and am not convinced it's what they claim it is. I would certainly like to hear from anyone who has firsthand knowledge.

Has anyone tried the various HEPA filters and have they worked. I'm looking in the $400-500 range. Sun-pure SP 20 looks like a decent option and I spoke with them last night. I know everyone is a salesman, but he claimed that it would change the air 8 times per hour in that room easily. He said I'd see the cigar smoke off the end of the cigars, but pretty much after that it would be gone. It would not make it to the curtains, etc.

Over time, I will change out to a leather couch, hardwood floor, etc. But will always want air control because I don't want to wallow in smoke.

1 - Am I alone in this feeling?

2 - Has anyone had success with air filters?