Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Springsman

Default 5 Vegas Miami "M5" newbie Review

Hi all,
Thought I would give a review of this great cigar I had today...although, yes, I am a newbie, so take this with a grain of salt...constructive critizism of my review humbly welcome...

Wrapper: dark aged Nicauraguan Cuban-seed Corojo
Filler: Nicaraguan Cuban-seed Ligero Long filler.
Strength: Mild-Medium
Handmade.
Purchased online 10 sticks for 29$
Sat in my humidor for 7 days after arrival.
Physical inspection: I noticed these were box pressed and firm but not brittle or hard, they felt flexible and felt properly acclimated in humidor after 7 days.
Light up: lot of good smoke in the very beginning, flavorful and "earthy"...sort of dry tasting.
Mid cigar: it definitely picked up on the spicy tones...and flavor especially while pushing some smoke through my sinuses was almost peppery. Held a tight ash and had a wonderful easy draw to it, and I never had to relight.
End: I wish I had one of those things you guys use to hold the nub and finish...it definitely heated up at the end but held its wonderful spicy and full flavors which actually became more intense, to the end...
Sorry I'm not up on grading scale yet, (I can only read so much in a day)
would I buy this cigar again: YES
my own scale...
appearance and physical inspection: 9 out of 10
beginning smoke: 7 out of 10
mid smoke: 9 out of 10
ending: 9 out of 10
overall: I'd say 8.5 out of 10 (again sorry for not knowing proper scale, and I am a newbie so...)
One of the best cigars and most enjoyable smokes I've ever had.

Something to note: I also had a finger of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban was an awesome pair, but realize it could have effected the review...